07 Hornlines

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes but if you agree with someone why would you call them stupid?

Honestly I'm surprised you didn't notice/witness the evolution of this emoticon... When it was first used on DCP (or at least when I first noticed it on DCP) it was always accompanied by a statement like "sans stupid" or something else indicating that the "stupid' part was to be disregarded... as its use became more prevalent, the "sans stupid" changed to "with usual disclaimers" or even "usual disclaimers" up until the point where it was simply understood that when someone said "I'm with the stupid" they really didn't mean the "stupid" part.

So yeah, that's the evolution of "I'm with stupid" emoticons on DCP.

Edited by TSRTS13

deeper than i had ever considered, but i could see how someone could be confused. it hadnt ever occured to me before that it would be used negatively. people used to post disclaimers about the "sans stupid" part, but its clearly been ignored for a while.....i assumed that meant everyone already "got it."

:)

Hmm... I guess jared already took care of this. Oh well.

hahah... well back on topic

definitely cadets.

actually, at one point in the season, i want to say a major regional late season but i dont recall which one, we were walking in two's toward the gate at the show to perform, and we walked by cadets warm up, whom i hadnt noticed of course because i was just looking forward... that is until the ####### sky opened up with a huge, loud chord progression followed by a glorious reprise of the hit in "liquid" i think it was from their 2005 show... anyways at that moment, my competitive juices are flowing of course and all i could think was... 'well as good as that was we are better and are going to perform better bla bla'. Lol which technically we did because we beat them in brass and did so most of the july, however, they made a statement and it was imprinted in my head.

now that the season is over and the heat from competition has died down and i really have a chance to just sit back, relax and enjoy some good drum corps, i will get chills listening to cadets... very good stuff

honorable mention goes out to blue knights and blue stars, very underrated hornlines

Seriously, for any more conversation about the conversational implicature inherent in the "I'm with stupid" smilie and all of the ammendments possible thereunto, take it to PM.

I'll go first. I based my choice (BD) on best overall package. This was just a great year for hornlines, I think. Instead of 1 or 2 spectacular lines, we had several. "Best" individual parts of brass sound (articulation, dynamics, tone, intonation, etc.) could be divied out in numerous ways. I just hope the quality stays up this high for a long time to come.

My objective opinion:

1. Blue Devils

2.Cadets

3.Crown

4.SCV