wow... long time with no posts... I think we're stuck on the last of those in the current pictures... Andy or someone should just put us out of our misery and allow the Queen to find another candidate for oblivion...

Already did ... check back to posts around Dec 21st for names ...

:-)

frank don't feel bad. i'm the only incardona the ever marched anywhere in any corps. so drum corps was my family.

Your post struck a chord with me when I read it, Don. I find this to be such a great sentiment. My entire family was involved in drum corps on the neighborhood level at one time or an other, so I was more fortunate than you in that regard. However, I am sure there are many more folks out there who, like you, 'found a family' in the activity.

Our friendship is a good example of the reach of our 'hobby.' Though we have never met personally, through this forum, e-mails and 'snail mail,' we have become close in this 'brotherhood' we call drum corps. Competitors in years past who never met, we are both part of the larger drum corps 'family community.' What a terrific notion to take with us into the new year!

To you, my friend, and all who read and contribute to this forum, I wish a very happy, healthy, prosperous and productive New Year in 2013!

• Like 3

reading the past few posts also struck a chord with me.......being from a drum corps family and seeing my first championship show in 1949, I was never far from 'bugle' corps. As a kid watched all the greats in the Philly area in competition and at parades and was taken to Friday night fireld practices of Liberty Bell and Reilly. Many members who had marched/played with my father in the '30's were family friends..........could have never asked for better role models.......with this commonality in mind I wish all of our 'Whoers' a Happy, Safe and Healthy New Year.......AFO/OFA

Guido

• Like 2

Your post struck a chord with me when I read it, Don. I find this to be such a great sentiment. My entire family was involved in drum corps on the neighborhood level at one time or an other, so I was more fortunate than you in that regard. However, I am sure there are many more folks out there who, like you, 'found a family' in the activity.

Our friendship is a good example of the reach of our 'hobby.' Though we have never met personally, through this forum, e-mails and 'snail mail,' we have become close in this 'brotherhood' we call drum corps. Competitors in years past who never met, we are both part of the larger drum corps 'family community.' What a terrific notion to take with us into the new year!

To you, my friend, and all who read and contribute to this forum, I wish a very happy, healthy, prosperous and productive New Year in 2013!

and that my freind is why i loved the " hobby" and all the people in all the corps. for the people i never met personaly but on the different forums i have a close " familia" . you are all close to my heart. bless you all and be safe over this holiday.

• Like 2

I agree... Happy New Year to all in Whoville...

Did Freddie Farkle have a good new year's party?

I agree... Happy New Year to all in Whoville...

Also in agreement! :thumbup:/>

Did Freddie Farkle have a good new year's party?

If he did he was on his own... hehe

I've been dealing with some kind of flu from hell since the week before Christmas. (And from what I've been reading, several other DCp'ers are now / still.... or had a bout with it as well...)

Also in agreement! :thumbup:/>/>

I've been dealing with some kind of flu from hell since the week before Christmas. (And from what I've been reading, several other DCp'ers are now / still.... or had a bout with it as well...)

take care of yourself... at our age, the flu can be dangerous...

Also in agreement! thumbup.gif/>

yeah tony i have bronchitis. all this coughing an congestion. half the time i can't breathe. really ain't fun. . but get well my friend. we need you here. smile.gif

I hear Freddie was lookin' fer a chick....... :devil:

Also in agreement! :thumbup:/>/>