During the "missle crisis", I was at Xavier High School, an ROTC Military, Jesuit (redundant?) institution in NYC.

They actually "activated" us and distributed M-1 semi-automatic rifles to the student body.

What were they thinking? The Russkies were going to show up on the subway?

And you think the world is nuts today.

During the "missle crisis", I was at Xavier High School, an ROTC Military, Jesuit (redundant?) institution in NYC.

They actually "activated" us and distributed M-1 semi-automatic rifles to the student body.

And you think the world is nuts today.

Well the thing is, most of you were already carrying zip guns and the like, so they were just making it "official"

The Russians wouldn't have stood a chance anywhere but next door to Carnegie Hall.

EEEMMMEEERRRRJENNNCIE!!!! ... EVVVVRREEEEBBBODDDEEE TO GET FRRROOMMMM SSSTTRRRREETTTTT!!!!

... my best impression od Alan Arkin from The Russians Are Coming - The Russians Are Coming ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=El03KPUeQc4 (Watch the clip)

Alan+Arkin+Russians.jpg

Edited by ajlisko
  • Like 1

First thing I thought of when reading ironlips and rays posts was what andy posted.

Well I thought of the movie anyway as TCM had it on last year or so.

And Alan Arkin never disappoints..... even as foul mouthed grandpa in "Little Miss Sunshne".

Just missed stop, drop and roll but have a copy of "Atomic Café" as reference. And just missed Viet Nam too.... thank God...

Oh yeah, August 13 another not so good date in history..

Fidel Castos birthday

Berlin Wall construction started

my birthday.... *ugh*

Edited by JimF-LowBari

Ah, yes. The Russian Tea Room.

There were no spies in there. It was far too expensive for the communist proletariat set. A Czarist hangout, for sure.

Speaking of Roooskies ... does anyone remember the disco/bar/nightclub in Boston called The Mad Russian circa 1967/68?

Man ... what a wild scene for those of us who were able to make it there some nights during the All American Nats Convention, AL Nats or CYO Nats ... wild and crazy coeds from Cambridge in their mink coats and hot pants ... ah yes ... 1967 ... The Summer of LUV!!!!

:grouphug:

First thing I thought of when reading ironlips and rays posts was what andy posted.

Well I thought of the movie anyway as TCM had it on last year or so.

And Alan Arkin never disappoints..... even as foul mouthed grandpa in "Little Miss Sunshne".

Just missed stop, drop and roll but have a copy of "Atomic Café" as reference. And just missed Viet Nam too.... thank God...

Oh yeah, August 13 another not so good date in history..

Fidel Castos birthday

Berlin Wall construction started

my birthday.... *ugh*

You want to talk BAD Birth Date's.

My wife's B.day is 9-11. You would not believe how many times people would tell her, "OH, That's Too Bad." So we do not do anything that day. We just celebrate it, on 9-13 "Our Wedding Anniversery".

Edited by 2B or not 2B
  • Like 2

Speaking of Roooskies ... does anyone remember the disco/bar/nightclub in Boston called The Mad Russian circa 1967/68?

Man ... what a wild scene for those of us who were able to make it there some nights during the All American Nats Convention, AL Nats or CYO Nats ... wild and crazy coeds from Cambridge in their mink coats and hot pants ... ah yes ... 1967 ... The Summer of LUV!!!!

:grouphug:

I was 15 during the Summer of Love...

Probably needless to say,...

No love...

EEEMMMEEERRRRJENNNCIE!!!! ... EVVVVRREEEEBBBODDDEEE TO GET FRRROOMMMM SSSTTRRRREETTTTT!!!!

... my best impression od Alan Arkin from The Russians Are Coming - The Russians Are Coming ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=El03KPUeQc4 (Watch the clip)

Alan+Arkin+Russians.jpg

I just watched Alan Arkin in Gross Pointe Blank tonight.

He's a funny dude, and an incredible actor.

Ah, yes. The Russian Tea Room.

There were no spies in there. It was far too expensive for the communist proletariat set. A Czarist hangout, for sure.

I'm setting you up with an appointment to speak to Representative McCarthy - not Joseph, Charlie.

Or the other dummy, Ted Cruz from my abandoned state.

Edited by rayfallon