flag on the play

we promised Ponzo no more lawn chair jokes... besides, he's somewhere exotic soaking up the sun for real...

Ray Priester...

new sucker required...

yeah...and he's sitting in a lawn chair. I saw the pictures on Facebook LOL

I've not received any email alerts since the software update either...

Click the "quote" in the lower right of the post you'd like to reply to...

When you reply/type in the dialog box, there you should see it at the top of the box. (if you don't see them click the little arrow (very small) on the top right of the "Reply" dialog box and the editing features will drop down. Click the little smiley and the list of the emoticon will pop up at the bottom of the dialog box. (left and right arrows will cycle through the emoticons available OR click the "Show All" at the bottom of the emoticons box.)

I hope that was accurate and not as difficult to understand as it was to type. :shutup:

thanks tony. :thumbup:

Edited by JohnZ
off topic comment removed
  • Like 1

ok... as for the new pic

I'm pretty sure I know who it is... and I certainly have a good idea who the "old timers" consider the best bari ever...

so I won't give clues since I'm not 100% sure but I will ask a question to pull out a clue...

Did he march in the USAF DBC under Master Sargeant Truman Crawford?

somebody tell me 2 things. why am i not getting my email alerts? i haven't seen one in 2 weeks. and how do i reply to a certain post? some help here please..............and where are the emoticons??????

I believe if you go to your dashboard (click on your name at the top), you can update your list of topics to follow/be notified of any changes.

content/follow>content you follow>change>choose action

and please don't presume that the moderators can help you if you don't report it to one of them, OR post a question in the Service Center. we don't follow or read every thread

might just be me, but I'd rather not muddy up a great thread like this one with 'stuff'.

...carry on...

John,

I must say.... that "explanation" didn't help me personally at all.

There's no way of going back to the other system?

First of all, most here might not know what their "dashboard" is. Hell, I had to really think about it.

Then you top it off with:
content/follow>content you follow>change>choose action

I kind of built this city / thread... and quite frankly, I don't know how to handle the changes that have been made.
Call me a techy idiot. And I'm sure others here will follow. Isn't there a way to simplify things?

PS: As I've tried to explain before... I try to handle things here myself. This thread is of a very personal matter.

There are a lot of "off topic" conversations that take place that actually end up being On Topic after all!
You couldn't possibly be on top of all of that.... when it gets a bit out of hand... I let you folks know. And I really thank you folks for being there then.

Thank you!!

"Who's On First":

I KNOW "Who" this gentleman is(And I know I'm not the only one) but in accordance with Nan's request I won't blow his cover. I will only say that he is THE greatest living baritone bugle player. He (And a few others BITD) set the standard for baritone soloists.

Elphaba

Yet a tuba player by trade...

Worked with him down the road a bit.

Had the honor of playing contra (he and I) to balance 54 horns to demonstrate a tough part for the contras.

Have the album he cut for his daughter "Songs for Erin"

and you're correct - greatest of all times. All the rest of us were trying to sound like him.

• Like 1

OMG!

John, I just paid attention to your background. Very nice!!

(You should email me a pic to feature you!)

John Zaragoza

1972-77 Derry Patriots
1978-79 Esquires (sorry DCA!)
1980-81 Erie Thunderbirds
1982-87 Steel City Ambassadors
1988-04 Got lost....
2005 - 2008 CorpsVets
Officially Retired 3/11/09
"Do it to me, one more time"!!!
This time I really mean it....really...I think...

Yet a tuba player by trade...

Worked with him down the road a bit.

Had the honor of playing contra (he and I) to balance 54 horns to demonstrate a tough part for the contras.

Have the album he cut for his daughter "Songs for Erin"

and you're correct - greatest of all times. All the rest of us were trying to sound like him.

He's not just great scorewise.... he's Simply phenominal to hear!!!

Yeah, I'm kind of one of your younger 'gracefully aged' folks too.

Sorry - actually I think some of you just need to check your notification options in 'settings'. clicking on your name at the top will get you where you need to go. I'm guessing that in the transition some of your original settings were reset.

Nancy - no chance of reverting back to the old version. JD could explain better than me - and he already has in several places on the board - but not updating was simply no longer a wise option.

and I can't speak for the rest of the mods but I tend to not come in here because I appreciate and recognize the thread and participants really hasn't needed oversight. But the change has caused the typical angst, and I/we're just trying to patrol a little more, get folks through the transition and find and fix things.

best advice to leave you all with is to report stuff to the mods than let them fester in the corners.

with that, signing out, and thanks in advance for your patience, folks!

z