... Wondering about some of those "right before my time" (1974) corps too. Thought I read Carver merged with a corps and became Gardenstatesmen but most of the Northeastern Circuit corps are just names to me.....

Carver hit the skids after the 64 season ... the Garden Statesmen didn't form until around 1970 ... don't remember a merger ... basically a new corps ... many Carver guys wound up in Sun and Sky in 65 ... some went to Ballentine in 64 ...

:-)

OK probably some other corps then, saw it on Drum Corps Of North America site which is kaput.

Hmmm... what happned to Ballentine, what 1 or 2 years and that was it????

... Hmmm... what happned to Ballentine, what 1 or 2 years and that was it????

Yup ... exhibition corps in 63 and the one year of competition in 64 ... Genero, Thompson and Petrone were the instructional staff ... loaded with talent from Amboy Dukes, BS, Woodsiders, Carver and St. Vinnie's ... one and done ... they used two Ballentine Brewery trucks when going to a show ... one for the equipment and one for the ale ... once the equipment truck broke down but the beer truck made the show ...

Edited by ajlisko

OK, my apologies to Fish. The PM on how to post pictures I just sent you John was edited by DCP. Might be code restrictions.

Sorry I could not be of more help.

Glenn

No problem....never hurts to try!....Someone might figure it out....thanks

I guess most here know the current feature is The Springfield Marksmen, from the Northeastern Circuit. I think that photo is from 1965.

OK, on to the next feature:

Here's one just for fun and maybe produce a few stories.

2279719337_1510793377_z.jpg?zz=1

Edited by gsksun4

I guess most here know the current feature is The Springfield Marksmen, from the Northeastern Circuit. I think that photo is from 1965.

OK, on to the next feature:

Here's one just for fun and maybe produce a few stories.

2279719337_1510793377_z.jpg?zz=1

I believe the pic is from Carnegie Hall circa 64-65 ... as you can see, Winky is not in full uniform ... maybe Priester can fill in some of the details ...

There's also a few horns down, to the left of Winks right hand. Might one be Pepe below that flag on the left?

Pretty sure by that back-drop that's Symphony Hall, Newark. When did they move EWTC to Jersey?

Edited by gsksun4

l think it moved in 67 might be wrong,one year in Westchester then Newark .

Symphony Hall years were 66-69 ... then two years at MSG's Theatre ... then Westchester County Center ...

The reason I said 64-65 was based on the style of the drums ... Sky switched to the chrome Premier drums sometime in 65 and then "mother of pearl" lugwigs in 67 ... those drums in the pic are pretty vintage ...