OMG Could We Have Been So Young?

Ah! That explains it. I can see a great deal of pride in wearing the "stuff" then. But it does make individuals stand out within the corps. Don't know if that's something I'd want to see on the field.

But wait. I mentioned something about that in another thread. Why I always liked the entire corps outfitted in the same style uniforms. Of course I prefer the Cadet style. But because of the way my mind works, I would just loved to have seen ALL of SCV decked out in those hot pants! What a Hoot!

Puppet

Puppet:

Keep posting your photos, as well!

Sally

Yes, please. I spent the weekend looking for photos between laundry loads. Found a few more.

Puppet, your pictures are amazing for the technology of the time, good 35 mm, I think. Please post, thank you.

Yes, please. I spent the weekend looking for photos between laundry loads. Found a few more.

Puppet, your pictures are amazing for the technology of the time, good 35 mm, I think. Please post, thank you.

Thank you. I've been trying to hold back a little and see what else emerges on this thread. But here's a cool one I didn't take this but it looks like it had to have been somebody really short because we used to practice this company front with a graduated horn line from sopranos down to Contra. We only had thirty two or four horns but you can't even see the Contra Bass Bells in this shot!

CompanyFront.jpg

How straight is that? Hey wait a minute - just started counting shadows - that probably just the soprano line going by.

Puppet

Edited by Puppet

Alberta All Girls, 1977. Enjoying an afternoon off at St. Mark's Basilica, Piazza San Marco, Venice, Italy. Repair work on the roof at the time.

I took the picture. I'm Linda. Left to right, Sandra (taking a photo) lead baritone, Melanie (long hair) guard captain and Pam (platform shoes and waving) drum major, drill designer and instructor. We always traveled in groups of 4. If you wandered off, the entire group stayed back. We didn't want to miss any sightseeing so we stayed together.

1977-11a.jpg

Edited. Pam was with SCV before AAG. I was with OC before AAG.

Edited by lindap

martyme77.jpg

You hippy, you!

Yup... B)

Do you have any shots with Keith Warfield, Mark Riley, or Bob Steinhilber???

Hey George:

Bobby Steinhilber was in the OLPH Ridgemen not the Brassmen. Brassmen people that you would know would be me, Keith, Mark Riley, Mark Holub and Nunzio V. Also Possibly Peter Chaccio from the Alumni corps as well

Edited by Fastone

Hey George:

Bobby Steinhilber was in the OLPH Ridgemen not the Brassmen. Brassmen people that you would know would be me, Keith, Mark Riley, Mark Holub and Nunzio V. Also Possibly Peter Chaccio from the Alumni corps as well

Hey Frank!

I'm still looking for a shot of your famous self. One where you're not smoking.

And did somebody say "Hippie"? We certainly had some.

Snares72.jpg

Even in the drum line!

Glad to see you found this thread, Frank!

Puppet

Hey Frank!

I'm still looking for a shot of your famous self. One where you're not smoking.

And did somebody say "Hippie"? We certainly had some.

Snares72.jpg

Even in the drum line!

Glad to see you found this thread, Frank!

Puppet

Yes Greg, I happened to find this thread while reading about the unfortunate passing of Paul Siebert from SCV. I've been thinking alot about the old days recently and was remembering our trip to Kenosha Wisconsin in "69" where we spent some time with SCV and the Kingsmen while out there. btw, smoking is no longer part of my life. Hope everything is well with you.

Frank- Nice photo of the snare line practicing, "back in the day." But, why are all the guy's drums level, and the young lady's drum is up? (dang female drummers :P )

Frank- Nice photo of the snare line practicing, "back in the day." But, why are all the guy's drums level, and the young lady's drum is up? (dang female drummers :P )

Actually, that was the year after I left. You'll also note that her drum was pretty high relative to the rest of the line. I do remember that she (Cherokee is her name)was pretty good though, you had to be to play for Eric Perrilouix.