Hops Blog

Ok, children. Let's not get in a pissing match over what we can and can't discuss on any given thread.

Also, I believe the Troopers played American Elegy in 2002 or 2003. Pretty sure it was 2002.

Nobody threw up their arms then. I guess it's the Cadets double standard.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Update from Hopkins:

"Working and Working

Eric and I spent from 10 pm -- 12:30 am tonight trying to get the flow of this show.

The key here is getting some kind of logical flow ... and yet, I feel the need to twist the formula on it's nose. Start slow .. end slow?

and what of the thematic line cross the entire piece ... and the guard?

Apollo ... is quite the movement .... there are endings to be added, and there is this theme we keep working on!

Kind of interesting ... we work at three levels and yet, at the end of the day, what we most want is a show the members can go to town with.

We have a theme ... we have the reality of the music, the meter, and the actual reality of the composition .... and then we have our interpretaion and where we take that.

Lots of time listening ...

I did a clinic today in Franklin NJ and I listened from PA to Franklin and back.

I need to work as hard as I can Wednesday ... Thursday I need to leave at 5 am for Laguardia ... have a plane to catch to Indy for a DCI meeting.

And back Friday.

And on we go."

Update from Hopkins:

Apollo ... is quite the movement .... there are endings to be added, and there is this theme we keep working on!

Kind of interesting ... we work at three levels and yet, at the end of the day, what we most want is a show the members can go to town with.

We have a theme ... we have the reality of the music, the meter, and the actual reality of the composition .... and then we have our interpretaion and where we take that.

They are doing Apollo??? Really??? :rock:

First time I heard that song it basically slapped me across the face and said, "I'M A CADET!!!"

Is it December 7 yet?!?

Edited by crashhelmi36

If American Elegy was the closer, they would probably have to march like, the 16th note (ok, not really). It would be weird to see the Cadets close their show at like 90 bpm, since personally, when I think Cadets, one of the first things I think of is how fast they move.

Also, it's hilarious he posted about the drink flavors.

I think it is very disrespectful of them to play Apollo. Most of the country doesn't even believe in Apollo, how can they appreciate music dedicated to him? I am offended

I'm just worried what will happen when they offer up this on the 50:

apollocreed.jpg

"I want you to promise me you're not gonna stop this drum corps show... no matter what. No matter what!"