Your Corps Song

bumo27

Fusion believe it or not came up with a song last year on the bus early in the season. I don't think it ever really stuck. We'll have to rerelease it this year :)!!!

Now DCA weekend, a few of the guys had made up a song also to the 12 days of Christmas about Fusion. It was really cool.

I'll have to get the words from them and post it since it's Christmasy!!!

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're welcome! I emailed them to you! Once you read the lyrics, you'll see that the song really has no sentimental reasons or feeling to it ... just a fun song to sing ....

on the other hand, "The Perfect Year" ... sung by my brothers and sisters in Bushwackers .... priceless.......

Oh, I don't know ... I hold the same kind of reverence for "The Alma Mater" that Cadets hold for "O Holy Name". It kind of represents the defiant spirit that so epitomized the corps, especially during the darkest hours (of which '75 would qualify.)

LOLOLOL.........yeah.......made it sweet for me back then. Only the oldtimers at Buc's have any idea to what "those 9 words" relate to.......

J

How old is oldtimer? I didn't join Bucs until 1990, and I know what they mean because we were told buy other members.

Hey Jim M. I thought for sure you would have posted the words to Blessed Sacrament's corps song.

" We Are The Knights"

Oh we are the Knights,

Yes we're the Golden Knights

And we're out to win, over all others.

Though we lost a few before ( just a few, just a few )

tonight we will change the score.

As we march and shout,

all others look out.

Joe BSGK

Fusion believe it or not came up with a song last year on the bus early in the season. I don't think it ever really stuck. We'll have to rerelease it this year :)!!!

Now DCA weekend, a few of the guys had made up a song also to the 12 days of Christmas about Fusion. It was really cool.

I'll have to get the words from them and post it since it's Christmasy!!!

Send it soon Holly :devil::devil::devil: See you soon.

Joe

The Govies don't have an "offical" corps song, but we have been singing "show me thew way to go home" ever since I can remember, and I have been a Govie for 29 years. If you want the words, just watch the drinking scene from the movie Jaws.

We also have started another corps song that only sounds like on Wisconsin, much more fun to sing, but realy should only be sung on the bus after a few miles down the road.

Edited by John Mayer

Thanks Jim and Jim (Cossetti and Mallen) for enlightening me. I was unaware of the origin of that one. (After all, I was barely more than a toddler in those days! LOL!) Now that you mention it, I realize it probably was just a 'bus song.' Still, it was fun to hear the 'old timers' singing it as we neared a stadium or other contest site in uniform, ready to compete.

I can still vividly recall Ralph or Eddie standing in the bus aisle, leading the song, getting the troops all fired up. Maybe it wasn't an 'official' corps song, but it sure was fun to hear it and try to sing along with the guys, and it sure got the juices flowing for the contest. Nice memories. (Better than the 'Lady of Spain' variation/spoof they also sang on occasion! THAT ONE stays on the bus!)

Errrrrrr, that could be you Mike...........eventually, after rookie year, people actually start to listen to those lyrics and begin asking questions.........to have been a member of both corps, that I first saw in 1949, makes me chuckle :rolleyes:

J

How old is oldtimer? I didn't join Bucs until 1990, and I know what they mean because we were told buy other members.