From Colts.org

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another update from the Colts web site. Unfortunately, it is very sad news. I cannot even begin to express my heartfelt sorrow to the family of Biana, and the entire Colts family. This news literally brought tears to my eyes.

Update on Bianca Sunday 10 a.m.

December 9, 2007

Greg

Her mom told this morning that the doctors told her and the family that they have done all they can do for Bianca, and it is time to let her rest. Her family agrees.

They are keeping her comfortable and her family is with her.

She has done all she can do, and more than most expected she could do. She has put up an amazing fight this whole week, but she is now making it clear to everyone that it is time for her to go.

There is simply too much damage to multiple systems and organs, and further procedures will add new problems and complications and will not help her in any meaningful way.

There comes the point where medicine and humans have to turn things over to God. That time has come this morning for Bianca.

They will continue to support her with life support until she lets go.

Please send your thoughts and prayers for the family. I will put them all together to give to them at an appropriate time. greg@colts.org.

You may also mail to them via our address at Colts, PO Box 515, Dubuque, IA 52001.

Your financial support for them at this time would be a tremendous blessing as well.

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. I know Bianca knew you were there for her.

Peace.

Greg

My thoughts and prayers are with all friends and family in the Colt org and especially to her family at home.

A tragic thing to have happen in this of all seasons.

May God hold Bianca and her family close to his heart.

My thoughts and prayers are with them, and the entire Colts family.

Brian Downing

My deepest and most heartfelt sympathies goes to Bianca's family and the Colts. All of us here at DCP are here for you :laughing:

We called our son today and reminded him how much we love him. We also wanted to be sure he was holding up OK as he was friends with Bianca. Please remember to tell your family members how important they are to you - and in that same vain, send what you can to help these families. Going through hell should not be made worse by financial worries.

God Bless Bianca, and her family - both blood and the entire Colts Organization - they truly love one another.

I was devastated when I read this thread. I feel so bad for these wonderful young women, and for their family and friends as well. My prayers are going out for them as we speak.

I know I will be sending in a donation, and hope many others will do the same.

I didn't see any details of the accident, and just assumed it was a weather related accident. I did a search on it, and was even more saddened to find out it was a preventable accident.

Here is the article I found on a news station. I am posting it here in hopes that maybe it will prevent someone else from making a mistake like this. If anyone feels it shouldn't be posted here, feel free to have it removed. I am just so saddened by this tragedy, and remember that these are 2 very young women whose lives and families lives were destroyed all in the course of a couple of minutes.

I also saw that Bianca was the Iowa solo guard winner in 2006(if I read that correctly). I was also wondering if someone has pics of them that they could post on here. I have the feeling many of us would remember them if we saw the pics.

Friday Accident In Grundy County Injures Two

Sat, 01 Dec 2007 18:11:51 CST

The Iowa State patrol reports that two Dubuque women were injured in a one-vehicle rollover accident in Grundy County late Friday. 17-year old Bianca Vocke and 20-year old Erin Reichle were taken to Covenant Medical Center in Waterloo for treatment of their injuries. Vocke was transported by helicopter, while Reichle went by Dike Ambulance. The Patrol reports that the vehicle, being driven by Vocke, was easbound on Highway 20 near mile marker 214, when the driver and passenger attempted to switch places while the vehicle was in motion. The vehicle then entered the grass median and rolled, coming to rest on its side in the north ditch of westbound Highway 20. Charges are pending in the case. The Iowa State patrol was also assisted by the Grundy County Sheriff's Office along with the Wellsburg and Dike fire departments.

Good morning to everyone!

As of early this morning, Bianca Voecke continues to fight. We, as members of the great drum corps family, need to help her at this crucial time. More than ever, she needs our prayers to give her the strength to recover. Her parents and family members need our prayers to give the strength to face whatever lies ahead. Maybe you don't consider yourself very religious. Maybe this request makes you uncomfortable. Perhaps you wonder what you can possibly do for someone that you have never even met. I myself do not have children of my own, so I can't even comprehend the agony that her parents and family are dealing with. What I DO know is that when any of my corps kids are hurt or in trouble, I would move heaven and earth if it would ease their suffering. The drum corps fraternity is one big family, so when the chips are down, we must take care of our own. Seventeen is far too young to die. Bianca has so much more living to do. She needs all of our love and support NOW. Prayer is a very powerful weapon that transcends boundaries that mere mortals cannot. This is the SEASON of love and miracles.. anything can happen.

When you attend your house of worship this week, please send a message to the man upstairs to keep this family in the palm of his hand. No one should lose a child at Christmas of all times. If you are a parent who has kids, you can certainly relate to the situation facing the Voecke family right this very minute. Greg Orwoll has a "Bianca update" on the COLTS website that is pretty current. Please do what you can for this family, and by all means, PRAY. If we all hold hands together, those prayers and good thoughts can and WILL get her off the critical list and on the road to recovery.

Prays, thoughts, and support to both young ladies, their families and the Colts family as a whole.

From the Blue Stars family.