Logging in

Ray Priester

Krista was absolutely correct - that is one of the security enhancements of the new version ... requiring a user to log-in again when the IP address has changed.

That would explain why I have to log in each time I switch from home to work or vice versa. I have Portable Firefox on a U3 drive, but the switching IP addresses would override any cookies I've set.

that seems like more of a hassle than its worth. between people's IP addresses automatically refreshing and people logging in from home and school\work, it makes people log in very often. i have to login every other time i come here it seems.

Now what's funny is this - I use DCP at work and at home, and I never have to re-login. I certainly have a different IP at work than I do at home.

Now what's funny is this - I use DCP at work and at home, and I never have to re-login. I certainly have a different IP at work than I do at home.

welll apparently dat's cuz yer special. :lol:

:withstupid:

I have to relogin on campus, but never have to when I get home. :withstupid:

Mike is not a moderator. But, I am, and I do have to re log in if I go from my laptop on campus to my desktop (or even the laptop) at home.

so, no, that ain't it either.

Maybe because you are a moderator?????

Rapidly becoming more trouble than it's worth!

Ray

I haven't received the information I asked for in my response to your initial report - which could actually help us understand and hopefully resolve this problem for you. See post #2 in this thread, please.

There's not really much I can do until we receive this info. Given that I'm unable to reproduce the problem here - its pretty difficult to understand why you're having problems.

• 2 weeks later...

I was having this problem also, and after clearing my cookies (tossing my cookies???) I was able to retain my login between browser sessions... :tongue:

EDIT: FYI, using Firefox 2.0.0.11 on Windows Vista via a broadband cable connection with a wireless router...

Edited by GmenBari78