Phantom Regiment Switches To Dynasty Percussion!

i wont say who the name of the group, but theyve won several trophies recently. sincerely doubt that it is a technique problem. the boards were brand new four years ago. theyve been replaced once since then and they look like they're 16 years old. im not saying theyre made like crap still..i know dynasty has done a lot of work to better their product and i really hope that phantom regiment can make the best out of them.

its unfortunate, but i think it is inevitable that they'll soon be on dynasty horns... that will be a sad, sad day for drum corps.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny. We didn't destroy our equipment all summer. Something to be said for playing with a good outdoor technique? We cracked 1 rosewood bar this summer and it was the lowest note and the girl who did it was crushing the note. We knew that note was going to break. It happened, once. But that was their top end rosewood. And we had two sets, show and rehearsal. Our xylo's made from the Dynasty synthetic tended to break a little more. I'm not being a Dynasty honk because they're the sponsor for my corps. I'm just telling you guys that I couldn't stand the prodcut, because everyone had pretty much told me so. Then I get to experience the best of what they had to offer. And it's not bad. At all. For those of you who hear the differences in companies and can tell the difference is based on the drum itself and not the preferred tuning, man. Tell me where I can sign up for that ear training class. Cause I definitely didn't see it listed in my courses but would love to be that good.

gotta agree with Duder on this one...I can find you plenty of people who love or hate any brand you want to throw out there. Sure the Dynasty instruments were bad some years ago, but I find that technique and tuning make way more difference than the drums/hardware. And for those of you who say you can tell the difference...sorry, I don't buy it. Because I am that good, and I don't hear it. It's the tuning. Ok, I'll give you that bass drums sound tonally DIFFERENT, but not better/worse...but everybody always talks about snares, and if they're tuned right they'll sound fine.

3. Snares sound like floor tiles wrapped in duck tape

Meh, frankly they all sound that way to me.

Give me my old Slingerland TDR, now there was a snare drum.

"Now get off my lawn!" :thumbup:

i sincerely hope not, considering they just bought a whole new set last year. phantom regiment is kinda king's posterchild...

Agreed. I'd be really surprised to see PR using Dynasty top to bottom, brass and otherwise. But hey, I didn't see this coming either, so who knows?

Agreed. I'd be really surprised to see PR using Dynasty top to bottom, brass and otherwise. But hey, I didn't see this coming either, so who knows?

The day that they switch to Dynasty baris and contras, might just be the day I quit being a Phantom Phan.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow....They sound so good with Pearl. Bummer.......No kidding Jeff Fieldler steps down and now this?