Is the SCV Tilt Back?

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well she definitely has been through some changes with the percussion section in the past 4 years.

And what constitutes a supervet? like how many years marching at one corps to be called a supervet?

A super short drummer in one of the top 12 groups in an activity that is the equivilent of running a few marathons while lugging around a drum beating your brain off, and doing that multiple times.

That's a supervet.

And Cat is one of my favorite drummers in DCI, even though I've never met her.

which is kinda creepy, but she is too BA to not be a fan of.

I'm diggin the guy in the Minnesota sweatshirt- go Gophers!

lovin the tilt, too. BA. very BA

This just looks plain sloppy...and very bando. Nothing can top a wall of perfectly flat snare drums.

I believe 4 years.

Freshman (rookie)

Sophomore (ex-rookie)

Junior (Vet)

Senior (Supervet)

What about those of us who marched 5 or more years?

I suggest: Living Legends :tongue:

This just looks plain sloppy...and very bando. Nothing can top a wall of perfectly flat snare drums.

There is an argument to be made for keeping something that is historically associated with a corps. I, for one, always love it when a corps' personality comes out in it's appearance and performance.

And, my guess is, that the snare height will become more uniform as the season progresses- the look will become less dirty.

I would see stick positioning as being a small adjustment. The sticks are at an angle anyway if you want to play in the center. However, in the Pacific Alliance we were toying with the tilt, and instead went straight. The result was that our tallest snare had to drop his left hand, but we had him raise his drum a little bit to compensate, but it wasn't the same for him.

It would be cool if SCV went to Mylar heads as well. (Oh well, dare to dream.) We use the Ludwig Silverdots in Seattle. They sound great!

I played on mylar my last year of high school (2006 Marching Season) and I have loved it since. Wish some other people would brave up and play on some good old mylar.

Edited by CHSnare

What about those of us who marched 5 or more years?

I suggest: Living Legends :tongue:

Dinosaurs

or maybe, Corpsosaurs... :ph34r: