Favorite audience shout outs?

*scratches head*

Huh?

I've been corrected, it was a Cadets show. They played a Copeland piece that was also being used for a TV commercial for "Beef. It's what's for dinner."

Edited by AlanAndreasen

IIRC it was during a Troopers show. They played a Copeland piece that was also being used for a TV commercial for "Beef. It's what's for dinner."

Oh. Haha.

Got it.

A ton of santa clara shows have the "TAKE IT HOME SANTA CLARA!!" at some point. Also at the very beginning of 1977 Bridgemen you hear a lot of Booing because of the disqualification, but out of it all right after the first big hit someone yells "HAVE MY BABIES" (I have a bootleg, but you can hear it still on the issued one)

IIRC it was during a Troopers show. They played a Copeland piece that was also being used for a TV commercial for "Beef. It's what's for dinner."

That may very well be, but I was referencing Cadets 1996 "BEEF" shout. I'm not sure if Troopers did that as well at some point.

That may very well be, but I was referencing Cadets 1996 "BEEF" shout. I'm not sure if Troopers did that as well at some point.

You are correct. My bad- this old guy memory.

i can't believe no one's mentioned it, but from a lot of discussions with hardcore drum corps fans i have realized not many people even noticed it. during blue devils shows, starting at some point in the late 70's and continuing every single year for about a decade some guy in the stands picks a silent spot in their show and shouts out "haaaaw-ha!". does anyone here have any idea who did that, and why?

If that's something like "UUuuuu-hhhHHHUUUUUHHH!" that would be Scott Johnson himself....usually before a percussion break.

...well it's not a shout out during the show. It's one said after corps warm up, originally shouted by VKs Ginger "Mom" Smith; "Go Get "Em Kids!".

This past season a group of VK vets decided to send off the kids during semifinals with a really loud "Go get 'em kids!". What we got back hyped US. The kids shouted back "Says MOM!".

Saw Mom that night and told her about it. Hopefully if she gets to attend next year she'll be able to shout it out again and get that response back. I know she'd just smile.

Nancy

Does anyone remember the "Art West, you pervert!" right before the Spanish Fantasy solo that was on the '78 recording?

Edited by neholgate