Broadway musicals

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

F trying to win. Some corps could create a great identity doing muscials every so often. I would love to see SCV or Crown attempt Wicked. Great tunes and story. "Defying Gravity" sounds like a perfect drum corps closing tune upon first listen.

F trying to win. Some corps could create a great identity doing muscials every so often. I would love to see SCV or Crown attempt Wicked. Great tunes and story. "Defying Gravity" sounds like a perfect drum corps closing tune upon first listen.

Man I always just come here and read but never post. I was getting ready to do a post saying "Gee, I bet Crown could kick ### with Defying Gravity" but then I read your post. LOL Oh well just to say with the way Crown's staff writes and the horn sound they have it would be INCREDIBLE!

fan since 1976

Edited by Perry S

This thread comes up every once in awhile.

A corps needs to do a Revolutionary America show and include selections from 1776 in their rep. Maybe since HBO is doing an adaptation of David McCullough's John Adams biography there could be a market for songs like Sit Down, John, The Egg, or even Molasses to Rum.

I would LOVE a 1776 musical show...what a great show...and great music...

This thread comes up every once in awhile.

A corps needs to do a Revolutionary America show and include selections from 1776 in their rep. Maybe since HBO is doing an adaptation of David McCullough's John Adams biography there could be a market for songs like Sit Down, John, The Egg, or even Molasses to Rum.

The Lees of Vir-gin-ia would be a great production number as well.

I think Wicked would be bad idea at this point. The music and the musical are fanatastic but I have heard so many attempts at this program and none seem to really do it. At least for me.

Maybe give it a few years to get the bad taste out of my mouth (and I sure others).

BTW I luv'd 99 Madison - JCS. One of my all-time favs.

Spirit played Defying Gravity in their tribute to Broadway show several years ago. When I first heard it, I just couldn't stop listening. It's such a catchy tune!

I would love to see BD or Madison tackle Kiss of the Spiderwomen.