The Bold Predictions for '08 thread.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You don't like the Bluecoats, we get it already.

Are you STILL bitter about '05?

Ummmm...where is the opinion in my statement? If he said back where they "belong", I assumed it to mean bringing up the bottom of top 12 as they have done VERY often over their history. Not opinion, just reality.

well since we're talking BOLD predictions, Boston Crusaders win, Glassmen Medal, and BD gets edged out of finals by the Mandarins.

Bold

But unrealistic... (obviously).

:thumbup:

Edited by i_play_percussion

1 - bd wins again (3peat in progress)

2- cadets

3- phantom

4- bluecoats

5- cavaliers

6- SCV

7- boston

8- academy

9- bk

10- colts

11-madison

12-spirit

troopers - beat some people

pioneer -dead last

Ummmm...where is the opinion in my statement? If he said back where they "belong", I assumed it to mean bringing up the bottom of top 12 as they have done VERY often over their history. Not opinion, just reality.

Well since the corps broke in to the top 12 in 1987 the bluecoats have been in the top 7 8 times and the 8-12 range 12 times and missed finals once.

if you make the break point top 8 and 9-12 then the corps has been in the top 8 - 11 times and the 9-12 spot 9 times with that one miss still there.

And since 1995 the Bluecoats have been in the top 7 - 8 times and the 8-12 spots 3 times with the one miss.

So it's not as drastically weighted to the 8-12 spot as you were leading everyone to believe.

My prediction:

all about letters:

A drum corps from a city in Illinois that starts with the letter R, performing a show starting with the letter S, and whose title begins with a letter rhyming with D will win.

K, that took me WAY too long to figure out. At one point I thought you were talking about Pioneer!!! Man, I'm working way too much!

I predict the Cavies will put their horns down and do some ninja-jujitsu dance. The crowd will go absolutely bat-dung crazy.

They will then reprise said ninja-jujitsu dance in the final moments of the closer. The crowd will go absolutely bat-dung crazy again.

For kicks, I really just want to see Cavaliers do the Mandarins 04 show verbatim, and just see what happens.

Yeah. So did the Bluecoats. When was the last time SCV beat BD at finals?

98! I'm sure everyone knew that, but I really needed an easy one to answer. Helps the day move along sometimes.

Well since the corps broke in to the top 12 in 1987 the bluecoats have been in the top 7 8 times and the 8-12 range 12 times and missed finals once.

if you make the break point top 8 and 9-12 then the corps has been in the top 8 - 11 times and the 9-12 spot 9 times with that one miss still there.

And since 1995 the Bluecoats have been in the top 7 - 8 times and the 8-12 spots 3 times with the one miss.

So it's not as drastically weighted to the 8-12 spot as you were leading everyone to believe.

Ooook...and I was still right...but since you want to split hairs, we'll just say "bottom 6". Better? How about you crunch those numbers for us?

Have you seen the 2088 Cadets yet? The name of this thread is "Bold Predictions" not absurd predictions!

NO! I haven't seen the 2088 Cadets yet. I bet they will have woodwinds, singers, speakers, hovercraft, water slides (pink), and Hoppy's great great Granddaughter will be the new "Alice"...... Better?

Edited by BigSnareline