Are we getting old...?

dad was moved to a hospice the day before the I & E show. Bridgemen guard also had a rehearsal, which i had to miss most of with everything that has been going on with dad. if i could have figured out a way to split myself in 3 i would have been there Andy. i heard it was great! :doh:

Sorry to hear about your father ...

Keep the faith baby ...

:ph34r:

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Christ...you guys are all sissies! Life begins at 40...I've been having a blast...so what if s**t hurts in the morning...it proves that you're alive!

I've told my wife, as long as I can eat and poop don't pull the plug!

I take sinus meds, pain meds (for a neck issue) and friggin' lipitor (dang genes) other than that there's lead in the pencil, I go to the gym 3-4 times every week, and dive when ever I can!

If I had the time I'd do drum corps and probably start drinking heavily again!

Sorry..age is a state of mind...and I don't live in that state! (and I've lost my mind YEARS ago!)

Yeah, I'll agree with the life begins at 40 ... But I hit the half-century mark this month and I'm definitely not aging like fine wine (unless you mean turning in to vinegar ($1 to Marcellus Wallace).)

It's almost as if Bursitis showed up as a 50th birthday present from the Almighty. Is there a returns window I can take this #### to?

Really.

dad was moved to a hospice the day before the I & E show. Bridgemen guard also had a rehearsal, which i had to miss most of with everything that has been going on with dad. if i could have figured out a way to split myself in 3 i would have been there Andy. i heard it was great! :ph34r:

Liz,

Sorry to hear about your dad.

Andy

Just reading this thread and also giving prayers for Lizs' dad. Hit 50 last August and seems most the people I know around my age group are having parents with bad health issues or worse. Thank goodness we live in the cell phone age when we can be reached anywhere, anytime. At least it helped us when my moms health took a final turn downhill two summers ago.

And Ben add me to the Sinus/Lipitor club. Also Micardis/HCTZ for the blood pressure. Yeah genetics suck worse than age at times. And I can always blame my arthritic toes on all those years of drill on back top. But when you can do parades with guys up to 25 years older than you, you can feel like a #### pup.

But Ben, you at the gym 3-4 times a week.... That's a shock to MY system (picture Fred Sanford). :ph34r::doh:

Edited by JimF-3rdBari

Andyroo wrote:

"Here it is, 10:30 on a Sunday morning, and there's not a single post on this particular forum. . .

Perhaps in a little while, when we can once again move our fingers for keyboarding.... after the Geritol works its magic.... there'll be some additional posts.

In the meantime, be careful on the stairs with that walker... remember to take your Centrum Silver... and ask your spouse to help you find your bifocals."

Hey Andy! Who you calling old?!?!

By 10:30 this morning, I had already been up 3 1/2 hours, had been to a staff meeting for an hour from 9 to 10, and was already 30 minutes into rehearsal (which lasted from 10 to 5)! Be careful before implying your friends are too old and feeble to be keyboarding like you on a Sunday morning. I was already drumming. LOL!

After all, SOME of us had rehearsals today! (And BTW, I secured that hardware for you as well while I was there.)

See you in Harrisburg.

Hey Andy! Who you calling old?!?!

By 10:30 this morning, I had already been up 3 1/2 hours, had been to a staff meeting for an hour from 9 to 10, and was already 30 minutes into rehearsal (which lasted from 10 to 5)! Be careful before implying your friends are too old and feeble to be keyboarding like you on a Sunday morning. I was already drumming. LOL!

After all, SOME of us had rehearsals today! (And BTW, I secured that hardware for you as well while I was there.)

See you in Harrisburg.

Good Heavens, John!!! You should know that I wouldn't include you, or Ed, or Vince, or any of the other guys in my "old and feeble" category!!

I was only referring to the really, really, really old and feeble ones.

In any event, many thanks for "securing the hardware."

And yes, I'll see you in Harrisburg. I should arrive at some point on Friday (Amtrak isn't the best schedule-keeper in the world).

Andy

dad was moved to a hospice the day before the I & E show. Bridgemen guard also had a rehearsal, which i had to miss most of with everything that has been going on with dad. if i could have figured out a way to split myself in 3 i would have been there Andy. i heard it was great! :guinesssmilie:

Liz, I'm very sorry to read this. For what it's worth, I am a Hospice Volunteer and I know that Hospice will show care and comfort during this hard time.

All my best to you.

Duke

Sorry to hear about your father ...

Keep the faith baby ...

:thumbup:

Liz,

Sorry to hear about your dad.

Andy

Just reading this thread and also giving prayers for Lizs' dad.

Thank you all so very much. I will be passing these along to him today. Dad's never been to a drum corps show, and frankly he really didn't understand why i'm still involved in it, BUT he's come to realize there are some great people in it. i've kept him informed of every wish for prayers and improved health, him being placed on church prayer lists both near and far, many from people i've never even had the chance to meet, and just talked to due to our common bond of drum corps. he doesn't quite get it having grown up in a generation where you've met everyone you know :guinesssmilie: but he appreciates all of the prayers and well wishes. :worthy: