Best 1st Place Show - OVERTIME

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My vote goes to Star 1991.

There is NO way that SCV '89 is the "best" version of Phantom of the Opera or the best 1st place show ever...

Listen to the solos, look at the soprano hole. I expect the "best" 1st place show to be perfect...

Also compare SCV 1989 to SCV 1988.... '88 was "magic"; '89 was possibly better technically, but lost much of the magic. No way!

Star of Indiana's achilles heal is their colorguard.

My vote goes to SCV 1989 for having a well rounded program.

I loved them both but try this......

91 Star was Zingali's last creation. Take a look at the video on slow motion and you will find the drill show an ethereal experience. There are many examples of Christian symbolism that happen in the middle of visual transitions. In the opener, you will find a "one-count" subset where the corps SPELLS "G-O-D". There are many more showings "fish" and "chalaces". The ending "cross-to-cross" may well go down as the best 1/2 minute of drill ever written.

Having known George as an older brother, his religious convictions were allowed to be presented through an absolute trust and faith by all his co-workers at Star. The payoff not only proved to be a winner as a DCI Champion, but also what stands as a historical piece of art; where Zingali's passion and conviction for Religion and Drum Corps were graced in his greatest-ever work.

89 SCV was a GREAT drum corps show....

91 Star was the "Greatest Work of Art" I've ever seen placed on a football field! :worthy::sad::sad:

My vote goes to Star 1991.

There is NO way that SCV '89 is the "best" version of Phantom of the Opera or the best 1st place show ever...

Listen to the solos, look at the soprano hole.

Look at the drumline playing bumper cars... ($2 to Jeff Ream)