Where For Art Thou Pearl?

Have Pearl drums gone out of fashion among DCI corps, are they able to compete with other manufacturers or is there another reason?

To my ear, no field drums have a more rich tone than Pearl's tenors and basses. I've never played on Pearl, Yamaha or Dynasty drums (pre-Kevlar Ludwigs), but with Phantom's move to Dynasty, is any top 12 corps marching Pearls this season? :smile:

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doesn't Vanguard march pearl? The blue stars march pearl as well, but thats all I know off the top of my head

Crown too, i believe

I think you meant "where" and not "wherefore;" wherefore means "why." So in Shakespeare, Juliet is asking "Romeo, Romeo, why art thou Romeo," - I.e, why must you be a Montague, one of my family's enemies, and therefore someone I cannot love openly - and not "Romeo, Romeo, where art thou Romeo" as so many people think.

Sorry, completely off-topic and unnecessary. But I'm an English major, and it's a pet peeve of mine.

Edited by TSRTS13

"I know, let's have giant green inflatable dinosaur show up and attack the back field podium!"
I think you meant "where" and not "wherefore;" wherefore means "why." So in Shakespeare, Juliet is asking "Romeo, Romeo, why art thou Romeo," - I.e, why must you be a Montague, one of my family's enemy, and therefore someone I cannot love openly - and not "Romeo, Romeo, where art thou Romeo" as so many people think.

Sorry, completely off-topic and unnecessary. But I'm an English major, and it's a pet peeve of mine.

i caught that, too

Crown switched to yamaha this past season
OK, major brain cramp on my part (about SCV, BC & Stars).

Pearl has BY FAR the best sound of any battery equipment IMO, but they are also the most expensive.

I think Yamaha is the best bang for the buck (no pun intended) interms of sound vs. price.