Here it is - Madison's 2008 Program!

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The iguana is metaphorical. The music portrays the iguana metaphorically. The iguana stands for Intelligence, Passion, and Progress. The real question is: how do we portray those three qualities? The other thing is, even if you're an audience member that doesn't understand the theme, you can still enjoy the music without having to overanalyze.

But here's the real question: How will they portray the Iguana in their 2008 show?

I'm thinking a VK/Godzilla moment, myself.

The iguana is metaphorical. The music portrays the iguana metaphorically. The iguana stands for Intelligence, Passion, and Progress. The real question is: how do we portray those three qualities? The other thing is, even if you're an audience member that doesn't understand the theme, you can still enjoy the music without having to overanalyze.

Actually, the program announcement says "The iguana, a stoic observer across this passage of time, is a metaphor for consistency within the context of profound change."

I'm thinking a VK/Godzilla moment, myself.

:tongue: :tongue:

When in doubt, go with something Latin, I guess...

I was thinking the same thing. Maybe they will do something different and fresh with this, but the show announcement doesn't excite me.

I was thinking the same thing. Maybe they will do something different and fresh with this, but the show announcement doesn't excite me.

I wouldn't go that far,...............though I did hear some of those "industrial" latin rhythms :tongue: ,............almost every other note from the battery was an HTMF for a while there............... :tongue: ......................should be a good show, and I am looking forward to seeing the corps in Buffalo on August 3rd,....................the Scouts were there last year, but it was really early in the season, this year we get to experience the finsihed product the Sunday before finals! :thumbdown: