Here it is - Madison's 2008 Program!

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's to hoping that the addition of another 15 members helps in this department.

No lie. I googled images with the phrase "blow my face off" and this was the first image that was relevant...awesome :tongue:

100_3553a.jpg

I don't think you'll be disappointed with our new uniforms this year.

I don't think you'll be disappointed with our new uniforms this year.

sounds good to me :tongue:

So Branden - Any word on when they are going to unveil

the new uniform? Do we pretty much have to wait for the first show,

or will they show us a sketch like they did with the guard uniform?

Am I the only one whose first thought when hearing about it was the Tennesee Williams play?

Probably. Oh well...Cool clip!

As I understand it, thats kind of where the idea came from, but I don't believe any of the source music is from the play.

I'm still rubbing my eyes and making sure I didn't read that show description incorrectly. Am I to understand that a major drum and bugle corps is using....wait a second....let me look at that again...ok...yeah...I didn't misread that...ok, so...let me get this straight.

AN IGUANA?!?!?

Am I just showing my age here and being grumpy by saying, "For the love of Pete, just come out and PLAY SOME MUSIC!!!!!!! MARCH SOME DRILL!!! MAKE MY EARS BLEED AND CAUSE ME TO SCREAM LIKE A LITTLE GIRL!!!"

AN IGUANA?!?!? As a METAPHOR?!?! In a DRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRUM CORPS SHOW!?!?!?!?

Yeah...I think I need to go drink more diet Coke. Yet again, the activity befuddles me. For me, less on the literary expositions into deep thinking, and more "BLOW MY FACE OFF!!!" I think that's what still sells tickets, yes?

And a quick edit afterthought: Do the judges CARE that the iguana is a metaphor as the observer of the Latin culture??? Is that a G.E. point? I'm confused...

Great post...the condensed version is, "who gives a....."

I mean, even the 1995 show had a theme: a Day in the Life of a Bullfighter. I mean yeah you could tell it was there, but was it that integral to the show? Not at all. And that show is regarded as one of the best in the history of DCI. I view the 2008 "theme" on the same level as that one.

The cool thing about that question is that just by looking at that uniform you know that whatever show that may be, it's a masterpiece.

ummm...no.

I think it's 2000 and it was a HUH? show. I remember the Southwind Madison battle that year in Maryland. S-Dub was on fire and Madison was limping to hold onto a finals spot.

It's one of my all time worst Madison shows. And that's a very short list. Three to be exact.

I mean, even the 1995 show had a theme: a Day in the Life of a Bullfighter. I mean yeah you could tell it was there, but was it that integral to the show? Not at all. And that show is regarded as one of the best in the history of DCI. I view the 2008 "theme" on the same level as that one.

That show was all about the bullfighter, and it was absolutely integral to the show. That's the corniest (in a good way), theme-iest (in a good way) show I can think of in the past 15 years...along with the Cavies Machine show from 06. I think people don't understand that there's a difference between narrative and theme...not that it matters, because the justifications people give about what constitutes entertaining theme versus overbearing theme is 100% arbitrary. It keeps the discussion going, though...