Here it is - Madison's 2008 Program!

Hola guys ...

Has anyone ever had an iguana for a pet? It seems like a noble beast, but I'm a little afraid it might not get along with my furry kittens.

Adios muchachos.

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still dont know who wrote the brass arrangement

Vince Oliver wrote the brass. Ken Karlin is writing our drill. The program coordination is by Ramiro Barrera.

-Weedy

Danza de los Duendes by Nancy Galbraith was done by the Glassmen in 2003 I believe.

I believe you are correct. After we did the Galbreath piece with the band I write for, out of curiosity I did a corpsreps search and the Glassmen came up as having played it.

Didn't they just try Estancia two years ago?

I'm still rubbing my eyes and making sure I didn't read that show description incorrectly. Am I to understand that a major drum and bugle corps is using....wait a second....let me look at that again...ok...yeah...I didn't misread that...ok, so...let me get this straight.

AN IGUANA?!?!?

Am I just showing my age here and being grumpy by saying, "For the love of Pete, just come out and PLAY SOME MUSIC!!!!!!! MARCH SOME DRILL!!! MAKE MY EARS BLEED AND CAUSE ME TO SCREAM LIKE A LITTLE GIRL!!!"

AN IGUANA?!?!? As a METAPHOR?!?! In a DRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRUM CORPS SHOW!?!?!?!?

Yeah...I think I need to go drink more diet Coke. Yet again, the activity befuddles me. For me, less on the literary expositions into deep thinking, and more "BLOW MY FACE OFF!!!" I think that's what still sells tickets, yes?

And a quick edit afterthought: Do the judges CARE that the iguana is a metaphor as the observer of the Latin culture??? Is that a G.E. point? I'm confused...

Edited by Ryan H. Turner

"BLOW MY FACE OFF!!!"

Hey guys ...

Now that's what I'm talkin' about!

I'm still rubbing my eyes and making sure I didn't read that show description incorrectly. Am I to understand that a major drum and bugle corps is using....wait a second....let me look at that again...ok...yeah...I didn't misread that...ok, so...let me get this straight.

AN IGUANA?!?!?

Am I just showing my age here and being grumpy by saying, "For the love of Pete, just come out and PLAY SOME MUSIC!!!!!!! MARCH SOME DRILL!!! MAKE MY EARS BLEED AND CAUSE ME TO SCREAM LIKE A LITTLE GIRL!!!"

AN IGUANA?!?!? As a METAPHOR?!?! In a DRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRUM CORPS SHOW!?!?!?!?

Yeah...I think I need to go drink more diet Coke. Yet again, the activity befuddles me. For me, less on the literary expositions into deep thinking, and more "BLOW MY FACE OFF!!!" I think that's what still sells tickets, yes?

And a quick edit afterthought: Do the judges CARE that the iguana is a metaphor as the observer of the Latin culture??? Is that a G.E. point? I'm confused...

You don't have to have any understanding of or pay any attention to the theme in order to fully appreciate this show. I don't plan to, anyway; to me, it's a nice afterthought. From what I've heard so far I'm going to absolutely love this show from the performance of the music and the visual. All I want, too, is for them to blow my face off, which I have no doubt they will accomplish. The theme is not the focus of the show, that would be the music and the drill; it's a necessary addendum mandated by the current structure of the DCI judging system, nothing more.

Edited by Hrothgar15

This, actually:

guarduni2.png

guarduni1.png

The images were posted in the article regarding the recent guard camp Madison held.

THat looks more like Elvis than a lounge lizard. :tongue:

If they were going to do an Elvis show they should state that.

THat looks more like Elvis than a lounge lizard. :tongue:

If they were going to do an Elvis show they should state that.

Mid-80s Michael Jackson, much?