Here it is - Madison's 2008 Program!

Hey guys ....

We should probably find someone with some Latin flair to coach Brandt Crocker through the pronunciation of this show title ....

¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡LA NOCHE DE LA IGUANA!!!!!!! ¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡La CucarRRRRRrrrrRRRRRahca!!!!! ¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡Ole!!!!

The rolling r's might be a little different for him than his usual growl!

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HA!!!

Got ya! Thank you! I'll be reviewing the sheets to see exactly how their show announcements "mean" anything to the judges. I'm not bagging on anyone (certainly not you Hrothgar), BUT, to me to see Madison's written "judo" about their show seems awfully over the top, to the point at least to me, that it's getting to be sort of silly.

Ryan,

The word "iguana" in the ancient Mayan culture meant "Blow My Face Off", so the tie-in to what you want is there.

:tongue:

This, actually:

guarduni2.png

guarduni1.png

The images were posted in the article regarding the recent guard camp Madison held.

Really? I mean, really? I'm not getting a Latin feel from those...the first thing that came to mind was the music video for BAD, and then Mad Max wasn't far behind.

Really? I mean, really? I'm not getting a Latin feel from those...the first thing that came to mind was the music video for BAD, and then Mad Max wasn't far behind.

Shaaaamooaaaahhhhh!!!!!!!

Ryan,

The word "iguana" in the ancient Mayan culture meant "Blow My Face Off", so the tie-in to what you want is there.

:mat:

THANKS MIKE!!! I knew you'd set me straight! I take everything back I said!! :tongue::devil::mat:

The theme is not the focus of the show, that would be the music and the drill; it's a necessary addendum mandated by the current structure of the DCI judging system, nothing more.

Word. How would a corps be perceived if they just came out and said "We have no theme this year. We're just going to play music and march drill that doesn't connect with itself at all." Just like in this case, some people would be elated, and others would talk about how dumb of an idea that is. There would be a 15 page thread about this controversy, and I have a feeling the exact same arguments would be presented. The theme is just something a corps has to roll with now to be taken seriously by the community. Really though, it's no big deal.

And my take on the guard uni: first time I saw it, I thought it would fit in perfectly in a Final Fantasy game. Give the dude a Buster Sword or a Gunblade! And some weird Japanese anime hair.

Hey guys ....

We should probably find someone with some Latin flair to coach Brandt Crocker through the pronunciation of this show title ....

¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡LA NOCHE DE LA IGUANA!!!!!!! ¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡La CucarRRRRRrrrrRRRRRahca!!!!! ¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡Ole!!!!

The rolling r's might be a little different for him than his usual growl!

Too bad Harry Carey has passed, his pronunciation of the Spanish language was on a level all its own.

Too bad Harry Carey has passed, his pronunciation of the Spanish language was on a level all its own.

Hahaha you got that right. What years was Hector Villanueva still behind the plate?

O.k. - It's a well known fact that Elvis' favorite pet was

his Iguana (named Maury). He would take it everywhere he went.

And also, his favorite venue to perform in was the Mayan Theatre.

Now do you see how the guard unis tie into the show? :devil:

Seriously, if they would lose the jacket and put some lizzard/serpentine

green stripes or some type of embroidery on the pants it would fit better with the theme.

Which reminds me of a great movie line...

"Veronica. Would you like to go to the pants party with me?" :tongue:

Edited by madalumni