Favorite Non Top 12 corps

Kiwanis Kavaliers

For the LONGEST time it was Boston Crusaders, til they finally made finals!!!!

My favorite non-finalists are all from the same period - 83/84 Knights, Alliance, Avant Garde, and Les Eclipses. Good stuff!!

For the LONGEST time it was Boston Crusaders, til they finally made finals!!!!

My favorite non-finalists are all from the same period - 83/84 Knights, Alliance, Avant Garde, and Les Eclipses. Good stuff!!

Thanks for the props. I saw Sags in 82. Amazing they didn't make top 25 that year. That was a solid group.

Here you go:

Slide60.jpg

S Most would say '75 was their best year as far as competition goes. By 1980, the corps lost most of it's solid players.

In 1975, the Wausau Story hired the drill writer from General Butler Vagabonds. All year, we were getting killed with comments that our drill did not seem to fit the music.

The first time we saw GBV, we discovered why....He used the same drill and just altered the counts! We were sitting in the back stands at a show and our members were amazed that they could watch their own drill being marched by someone else!

Needless to say, he was not brought back the next year.

In 1975, the Wausau Story hired the drill writer from General Butler Vagabonds. All year, we were getting killed with comments that our drill did not seem to fit the music.

The first time we saw GBV, we discovered why....He used the same drill and just altered the counts! We were sitting in the back stands at a show and our members were amazed that they could watch their own drill being marched by someone else!

Needless to say, he was not brought back the next year.

Reminds me of "Spirit Fingers!"

Yea I have to agree with your list, I marched in the 1982-83 Troopers & it was a big disapointment for us to not make finals.1983 was our 25 year anniversary We even did an exibition for finals & a Big portion of our corps had already left to go home with parents or vacation so the show wasn't the greatest but we enjoyed that year very much. I also would have to put in the Bluestars, Gaurdsman, Northstar in 1981 & around that same era. They always gave us a fight at every show.

To name a few...

1978 Boston Crusaders

1978 Anaheim Kingsmen

1979 Crossmen

1981 Defenders

1981 Memphis Blues

1982 & 1983 Geneseo Knights

1982 & 1983 Troopers

1983 Avant Garde

1987 Dutch Boy

2000 Southwind

2006 Colts

There are more, but this is enough for now.