Marion Cadets

I just read the article about Rock-n-Ribs. Back in the day I started Drum and Bugle Corps when I was in the 5th grade. This is a very, very good idea. I hope you all get stacks of money. :worthy::tongue::worthy: Fingers crossed, I do hope the US Open returns some time soon.

I do have a couple of questions. I read very little about the Marion Cadets in this article, why is that?

Will the Marion Cadets have a booth there and if not, why not?

Keep up the good work Carl and the US Open Commission.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just read the article about Rock-n-Ribs. Back in the day I started Drum and Bugle Corps when I was in the 5th grade. This is a very, very good idea. I hope you all get stacks of money. :worthy::tongue::worthy: Fingers crossed, I do hope the US Open returns some time soon.

I do have a couple of questions. I read very little about the Marion Cadets in this article, why is that?

Will the Marion Cadets have a booth there and if not, why not?

Keep up the good work Carl and the US Open Commission.

The Marion Cadets are not involved.They have no web site ,no staff and no kids .The only thing they have is director making $30,000 a tear.

Carl

i'm glad some local people there are starting to take notice finally. I, for one, would be glad to come back and teach there if someone else took over the operation and actually could make decisions sooner than 3 months after an Idea is had for recruiting. If I lived in the area i'd volunteer to help with the rat-finding mission we got it seems. If any of you are actually working towards a solution, I would glad to be part of it in any way I can.

OK, a question for all who have chimed in on this thread:

Why has everyone spent 11 pages lamenting over a corps that hasn't existed in a few years and has a director who is directing absolutely nothing except for his embezzling operation? He's a crook, we all know it, get him arrested, and let's move on!

There are other groups who actually have a chance of making a strong comeback that we should be spending our posting time focusing on:

FEVER

CAPITAL SOUND

CASCADES

HYPE

These are groups that have some honest leadership and who genuinely want to get back onto the field. They deserve our attention...not a former organization that will not come back to the field until their supposed director is hauled off to jail...and I don't see that happening anytime soon.

OK, a question for all who have chimed in on this thread:

Why has everyone spent 11 pages lamenting over a corps that hasn't existed in a few years and has a director who is directing absolutely nothing except for his embezzling operation? He's a crook, we all know it, get him arrested, and let's move on!

There are other groups who actually have a chance of making a strong comeback that we should be spending our posting time focusing on:

FEVER

CAPITAL SOUND

CASCADES

HYPE

These are groups that have some honest leadership and who genuinely want to get back onto the field. They deserve our attention...not a former organization that will not come back to the field until their supposed director is hauled off to jail...and I don't see that happening anytime soon.

Judging by some of the responses there are a bunch of former Cadets and/or Marion area people responding. When it's your corps and your home area it makes a big difference in how you feel.

For myself, my ex (and local) corps is also no longer competing and I have the same feelings.

also, there was a time in the 60's when they competed as a senior corps...................

As i posted before that is false.My father marched in the Marion Cavaliers and they folded in 1959.In 1960 the same groupe of people started the Cadets and always has been a jr corps.

Doesn't DCI have any lawyers on retainer who can shepard this case through the legal system? Potential scandals like this do DCI and the activity no good whatsoever.

Doesn't DCI have any lawyers on retainer who can shepard this case through the legal system? Potential scandals like this do DCI and the activity no good whatsoever.

Not DCI's responsibility. Two separate organizations.

What happened to the Cadets Web site? It's gone.

What happned to the Senior Corps they were forming?

It appears to me that they have shut everything down.

Jim