Official Count the Highjacks over Cadets' Narration Thread

Total number of DCP threads highjacked by arguments on the use of narration by The Cadets in 2008:

3 so far (in order of posting not order of highjacking):

1. "Cadets" posted 5/26 at 10:38 am

2. "Singing/Vocals" posted 5/27 at 1:03 am

3. "Cadets Preview" posted 5/27 at 1:42 pm

[somewhat tongue in cheek but equally interested in keeping a count]

This is not a scientific analysis and should not be relied upon to be accurate. :ph34r:

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand what the issue is. This is a DISCUSSION board. Its purpose to allow drum corps members, alumni, and fans to discuss the activity. That is what we are doing. Oftentimes, the discussion flows and happens to stray away from the original point of discussion. This is natural. When was the last time you were talking with a friend, managed to get into a different topic than what the conversation was about, and have him yell, "Dude, what the hell, stop hijacking our discussion! Were talking about THIS! Get back on topic!" Why should a message board be any different. This is why newsgroups have the possibility for users to change the topic title during a discussion in a thread to accurately represent the material currently being discussed.

Edited by Hrothgar15

Do you and your friends talk about different things...only to wind up debating the same thing, every. single. time??? If so, I feel very, very sorry for you. I know this is your favorite example to use, but I really dont think it works. I know today I talked to my friends about building roofs, eating seafood, and basketball. Would my friends appreciate it if I tried to turn all those conversations into discussions about the upcoming democratic primary (not that I would ever). I dont think so.

From New Orleans :ph34r:

- Nick

Shouldn't the frequency with which the topic of discussion switches to narration be an indicator to you that a large number of people feel it's a very important issue that needs to be addressed?

Fifer, give it up every Cadet post during drum corps season is highjacked. even this one. you'll see.

Like a stuttering person with Tourettes, You'll hear all summer:

[narration SUCKS![/

Hopkins is the Devil!

Edited by boxingfred

One things for sure...Cadets get more advertising on DCP then any other corps........how long until their DM uniform thread gets hijacked.

This thread is really really close to being hijacked itself