DCA Show in Erie

O.K. 18 holes of Golf,,,,,,,, had,several Labatts.........so bare with me.....simple question.

Given the geographical location, a stadium with perfect acustics (for Drum Corps') what are your thoughts of having a (another) DCA show in Erie, Pa.? Not this year, for obvious reasons, but lets say 2009 or 2110. I know the Kilties have expressed interest in the past (that's what made me think of this) as well as MBI and Empire, Cru, White Sabres, and the BRIGS. Your thoughts........

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

O.K. 18 holes of Golf,,,,,,,, had,several Labatts.........so bare with me.....simple question.

Given the geographical location, a stadium with perfect acustics (for Drum Corps') what are your thoughts of having a (another) DCA show in Erie, Pa.? Not this year, for obvious reasons, but lets say 2009 or 2110. I know the Kilties have expressed interest in the past (that's what made me think of this) as well as MBI and Empire, Cru, White Sabres, and the BRIGS. Your thoughts........

You guys are in a great place to bring East and Midwest together.

It would probably make for the most interesting contest of the year.

Boy what a nice contest that would be. Central vs East.

Kilties, Minnisota Brass, Empire Statesmen, Crusaders, Brigadiers,Govies, Chops, maybe more! (like Reading, MCL, Lakeshoremen)

Boy if that shouldn't bring out a Crowd. How big is your stadium?

Kilties, Minnisota Brass, Empire Statesmen, Crusaders, Brigadiers,Govies, Chops, maybe more! (like Reading, MCL, Lakeshoremen)

The Kilties had showed great interest for several years in a row when it appeared a show was materialzing, but (if memory serves me correct), the last several years the show didn't get beyond the planning stages, so we had to commit to other performances.

Concert side between to goal lines - 7000

We have thrown our name and city out for consideration the last couple years.............with a concept just like the one above,.............Kilties did sign on the interested list,............but the old DCA-west contingient can only handle so many weekends,............. if you look at the schedule, you will see that all of the corps are working just about every weekend, they host their own 5 or 6 shows, and trade performances for a couple other weekends out east, throw in your Kingstons and Scrantons, meaning there is litterally nothing left.................if you recall, three summers ago we got Sky to come out for their furthest trip west in decades, (and never before to Erie) simply to fill out the show bill, when their was another show happening less than an hour from their home that same weekend, that they were not invited to, if they had not agreed to come, there would have been no show, (10 hours on the road for them one way),...................last year it was closest we got to hosting a show in the last three, on a Sunday, after the great show in Salem,...............but Sunday shows (in the North East anyway) just don't seem to work out,................and we couldn't get any of those corps to stay another day, except Kilties, we even invited the Lakeshoremen to come over (only 5 hours from Erie), and White Sabers and Cru would have been available, if the WS would have gone thru with their show in Corning, instead they both went east to the Chambersburg show (I think)............................It's all very complicated............................yeah, my head hurts too..........

Edited by Gary Matczak

:hehe: HOME SHOW!! :tongue:

I would love to see an Erie show again... there isnt another feeling than for once having the whole family come to a show and understand why I miss every family picnic, get together, and reunion every year.

Plus.. theres nothing like getting done with a show, drinking a few :hehe: beers and crawling into your own bed (for once).

Vetrans Stadium is AWESOME for Drum Corps (still kinda dissapointed the DCI show isnt there... but I know the reasoning).

DCA... please BRING back the Erie show next year :hehe:

Last time I was there in Erie there was karaoke at the Legion Hall. I sang two songs and poopsie bought me beer. A good memory of Erie.

One of my favourite shows, if not my favourite were Erie '03 and the wicked storm in '05. Gene and those Matczak boys know how to make a bunch of Canadians feel welcome! ;)

As Gary said....7000 concert side. What hasn't been mentiond is how Vet's stadium is almost accoustically perfect for drum corps' AND the fans. Newest artificial surface available is also a plus.

Edited by melligene

As Gary said....7000 concert side. What hasn't been mentiond is how Vet's stadium is almost accoustically perfect for drum corps' AND the fans. Newest artificial surface available is also a plus.

Just give me a date and I'll be there!!

Only an hour and a half... Closest show of the year....

Andy