The Official 2008 Cadets FANS Discussion Thread

I was waiting for someone to start one for Cadets too. But since no one has, let me give it a try.

I know this is asking a lot, but please try to honor the fact that the thread was intended for fans of the corps to discuss the corps' season :doh: and is not intended as a forum for folks to take potshots and air their grievances about amps, mics, narration, or blaming George Hopkins for everything that is wrong with drum corps. :smile: If you want to do that, you are more than welcome to start another thread and have at it. I don't know if this will work, but I can try...

Since no one has posted about it, check out the announcement that AllAccess will air their live performance from Johnstown in real time on Thursday night, June 12th, sometime after 7, with live chat. Sounds interesting, and I am looking forward to seeing what they've got. What a great thing to do!

Announcement here.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was waiting for someone to start one for Cadets too. But since no one has, let me give it a try.

I know this is asking a lot, but please try to honor the fact that the thread was intended for fans of the corps to discuss the corps' season :doh: and is not intended as a forum for folks to take potshots and air their grievances about amps, mics, narration, or blaming George Hopkins for everything that is wrong with drum corps. :smile: If you want to do that, you are more than welcome to start another thread and have at it. I don't know if this will work, but I can try...

Since no one has posted about it, check out the announcement that AllAccess will air their live performance from Johnstown in real time on Thursday night, June 12th, sometime after 7, with live chat. Sounds interesting, and I am looking forward to seeing what they've got. What a great thing to do!

Announcement here.

Thank you for starting this thread, they are a great organization loaded with good people and deserve much respect.

As it stands now, I won't see the Cadets until the Westminster show August 3. I'm looking forward to it.... I'm sure their hornline will knock me into next week like they have the past few years!

Fran

Edited by Fran Haring

As it stands now, I won't see the Cadets until the Westminster show August 3. I'm looking forward to it.... I'm sure their hornline will knock me into next week like they have the past few years!

Fran

Yeah, last year their horn line was the loudest I've ever heard...I can't imagine what it will be like this year! :smile:

Fran

The entire corps has raised the bar from last year! The brass line flat out rocks and will blow your hair back.

The entire corps has raised the bar from last year! The brass line flat out rocks and will blow your hair back.

Wow, can't wait to see them. I thought last year was awesome, quite possibly the best show I've ever seen (not the voice part). Too bad I will have to see it in a dome.

Edited by IRMO

Yeah I think Vesuvius will be my favorite piece from them this year. It's just so powerful and ANGRY(for lack of a better word). I will see them four times this year and will finally have the chance to meet the trumpet player I helped sponsor.

Go Rob, Randy, and Dan!!

I listen to the recording from the "evening with the cadets" music literally all the time. This show is gonna rock!

I get to see them a lot this year, I'm psyched! Can't wait to audition for them next year too.