2008 Standings

I was thinking the same thing after seeing Alliance this weekend.

example only ---- If Alliance ends up 10th in prelims , they go to finals and compete but they do not get the Class A championship. What if a corps wanted to just stay in Class A? There is no provision in the rules for that. I think that should be a choice for the 35-65 members corps.

actually, I believe they are open class until they declare A in June of 2009

• Replies 677
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

actually, I believe they are open class until they declare A in June of 2009

I think the poster meant that if Alliance (or any other declared Class A corps) were to score high enough for Open Class finals they don't have a choice but to be in Open Class according to the rules, no matter how much they might want that Class A championship.

The Inspires, as you knew them from their appearences in '02 and '04, and online videos of recent shows, no longer exist. The corps is still active, but they are nothing like what they used to be.

:smile: Any chance you could start a new thread with an Inspires update for all of us, then? Tell us what's all going on, what shows you've been playing, any uniform changes, any excitement that's happened for the Inspires over there?

Correct me if I am wrong, but I detect a slight hint of sarcasm in your response. Or you are being a wolf in sheep's clothing! Wouldn't it be great is someone like Hurcs, Cabs or Empire could step it up, bring their A game and pull a surprise? A repeat of '81 however, no so great....

Once again you've hit the nail on the head.

It's truly unfortunate that no other corps has a chance to "step it up" and win over the 9 guys with the tape decks.

They can only hope the other 10,000 people enjoy their show.

Here are my predictions for top 10 and why

1. Buccs ~ They are just way to far ahead of the pack. add another 2 weeks to the season, and it might be a different story.

2. Hurcs ~ Hurcs had a bad show in Scranton. They will have enough fire behind them to go back to the spot where they have been most of the season. Just not enough to beat Buccs

3. ES ~ They will be very close to Hurcs but will fall just a tiny bit short.

4. Cabs ~ They were threatened by MBI but pulled through to stay in 4th

5. MBI ~ Great Season for them. It just so happens that everyone is basically have a great season and they dont have the juice to move up further.

6. Renegades ~ You can never tell what they will pull out of their hats. They always seem to #### people off by placing higher then what is expected and this year, they will go out and kick but like usual.

7. Briggs ~ smaller but still in the game.

8. Corpvets ~ Never a suprise to see them in the top ten. WOnt be suprised to see them be higher up.

9. Bush ~ Not a strong year. Rebuilding for them. Their guard will keep them afloat. they will have enough juice to stay in the top 10

10. Cru ~ You can not completely write them off. If they truely see their potential, they will be in the top 10 where they belong.

These are results alot may not agree with once I compare to everyone else. But what the heck.

Thanks for recognizing MBI. Placing in the top 5 is always an achievement of which to be proud. But like everyone else, we strive to be the best we can be. Whether MBI has "the juice" will be determined soon enough, but I can promise you that the corps will come out prepared to put on a great show. If everyone else does that and MBI ends up last place, then DCA fans will be the big winners. I think this version of MBI compares well with the past few years for MBI (of which I was a marching member). The staff has done a good job working with the various sections. But, as noted in the above post, it seems the bar is being continously raised in DCA, and isn't that great for the organization overall? I think so.

I'm a horn guy, but I commend Joel Matuzak for the job he does with MBI percussion. I'm sure we're not alone in this regard, but those guys work incredibly hard and seem to have a fantastic attitude. They are hungry. Whoever beats them at DCA, I say hat's off to them because they will have earned it and I'm sure we'll be the first to congratulate them.

Renegades are a question mark, but MBI and Renegades have placed very close together for the past several years and I'd be surprised to see that change this year.

Thanks for recognizing MBI. Placing in the top 5 is always an achievement of which to be proud. But like everyone else, we strive to be the best we can be. Whether MBI has "the juice" will be determined soon enough, but I can promise you that the corps will come out prepared to put on a great show. If everyone else does that and MBI ends up last place, then DCA fans will be the big winners. I think this version of MBI compares well with the past few years for MBI (of which I was a marching member). The staff has done a good job working with the various sections. But, as noted in the above post, it seems the bar is being continously raised in DCA, and isn't that great for the organization overall? I think so.

I'm a horn guy, but I commend Joel Matuzak for the job he does with MBI percussion. I'm sure we're not alone in this regard, but those guys work incredibly hard and seem to have a fantastic attitude. They are hungry. Whoever beats them at DCA, I say hat's off to them because they will have earned it and I'm sure we'll be the first to congratulate them.

Renegades are a question mark, but MBI and Renegades have placed very close together for the past several years and I'd be surprised to see that change this year.

Shouldn't you be memorizing sets?! <smirk>

See you in the East Z!

Your absolutely correct. This year, who ever comes out on top, will still be second place. The DCA Fans come out to #1. This has been the most interesting, unpredictable season, I have been apart of in 10 years. There might be people that dont agree, but no matter where it lands, this season, for both DCA and DCI, has been great for this sport (Darnit, it is a sport)

I have long been an MBI fan, and for years I wished they'd have a good drumline. suddenly in 98, I saw a huge improvement there. in 99 at the Madison show, i said "holy ####", didn't worry about the roaming charges (remember those days) grabbed my cell and called Bucs friends back east in Scranton...the words were "MBI's got a line!!!"

and since that year, they've been in the drum hunt, winning a few.

Edited by jeffsnewjetta

Once again you've hit the nail on the head.
Sarcasm noted....
It's truly unfortunate that no other corps has a chance to "step it up" and win over the 9 guys with the tape decks.
Again with the sarcasm. Your killin' me here!!
They can only hope the other 10,000 people enjoy their show.
As I have said on numerous occasions, perhaps we should turn DCA's into a clap show... Edited by VOReason

Your absolutely correct. This year, who ever comes out on top, will still be second place. The DCA Fans come out to #1. This has been the most interesting, unpredictable season, I have been apart of in 10 years. There might be people that dont agree, but no matter where it lands, this season, for both DCA and DCI, has been great for this sport (Darnit, it is a sport)

I really don't know anyone who couldn't agree. I was in DCA from '97 - '05, except '04 and this is by far the most unpredictable season I have seen in DCA. From top to bottom it's anyone's game this year. It could settle down and everyone fits right into place, or it could get down to some major upsets. Who really knows this year?