Belding Bash

Glassmen have shown the biggest jump since Saturday.

They were 6 tenths over Crossmen Saturday, now tonite a huge 4.9 points over Crossmen.

Glassmen were 4 points and 4.1 points respectively behind Boston 48 hours ago, and now has cut Boston's lead over them to 2.5 tonite.

right now, Glassmen seem to be catching fire.

Will they catch BAC ? time will tell.

:tongue: Go Glassmen!

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I, like you, tried to get past the narration and enjoy the performance. I really did enjoy the performance, and I thought of it as one of the most demanding and exciting shows in recent DCI history. However, even as someone who is not totally against narration and electronics, I was unable to do so for a majority of the show. I really think narration can add a lot to shows if used tastefully (although I'd still rather see corps portraying stories and emotions through nothing but music and motion), but when my attention is constantly drawn to spoken word instead of what's actually going on on the field, it's a bad thing. I actually found myself annoyed during the entire blue shades part of the show and found all of that unnecessary, otherwise everything else was fine.

I've always given the Cadets the benefit of the doubt with narration due to my indifference, and I even enjoyed 2006's show quite a bit (yes, I'm crazy by DCP standards). However, if this year's show is anything like last year's in terms of obtrusive vocals and a vocally driven story, I probably won't enjoy it as much as I should... I almost feel like the design staff needs to start making decisions: write a show that will please the audience and give the kids what really matters (that being positive reaction and support, and having the crowd go nuts and not yell obscenities certainly helps), or write a show that beats you over the head with a theme making it virtually dummy-proof in the GE department when it comes to judging. I certainly hope they pick the former, as I absolutely hate seeing this corps not get the reactions they deserve from every crowd.

The worst obsenity that can happen to a drum corps is to have hardly no reaction at all after a preformance . The

Cadets musically and visually have a very demanding show but I also have difficulty keeping my attention on the

show as a whole with all of the narration less is more . Musicman this is an area that I agree with you .

Belding, MI

Tuesday, June 24

7:15 Dutch Boy

7:32 Pioneer

7:49 CROSSMEN

8:06 Intermission

8:23 Glassmen

8:40 Boston

8:57 Cadets

Can someone please tell me WHY there is an intermission for only 6 corps !! :thumbup:

Two years ago everyone was up in arms that shows went passed 10:00pm, why add a 17 minute intermission ? :tongue:

To give the judges a BREAK ? :thumbup:

Edited by Walter

Can someone please tell me WHY there is an intermission for only 6 corps !! :thumbup:

Two years ago everyone was up in arms that shows went passed 10:00pm, why add a 17 minute intermission ? :tongue:

To give people a chance to go to the concession stand.

Show sponsors need to make some money

To give people a chance to go to the concession stand.

Show sponsors need to make some money

Get more corps to the shows.

Recaps up...

BOSTON BEATS CADETS in VISUAL GE

Percussion seems early on to be holding Boston back from challenging Cadets, Bluecoats.

Glassmen beat Boston in percussion tonite.

Can someone please tell me WHY there is an intermission for only 6 corps !! :tongue:

Some have weaker bladders than others. :thumbup:

Can someone please tell me WHY there is an intermission for only 6 corps !! :tongue:

I've seen intermissions for a 5 corps show. :thumbup: