San Diego Night - Corps at the Crest

Anybody else find it telling that PC had 3 days off for rehearsal and they get the same exact score they did at their last show?

Not really. I still find it OUTSTANDING that this corps has had essentially 1/4 the rehearsal time that every other World class corps out there right now has had so far this season (go ahead, look it up on their calendar or ask someone in the corps) and they are still scoring so well. And until they head out of the state on tour, they really don't even rehearse all day every day like every other World class corps. Most of the members still sleep in their own beds at night as well.

Perfect example... the past three days, they have held rehearsals from only 2-8 PM each day. Now how $#%&ing incredible is that with the product they are currently putting out?!?

So, in other words, kudos to Pacific Crest this season... keep it up!!!!!! :smile:

Edited by IMcomguy

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I attended the show tonight. I was snapping photos from the field/track. I also watch Phantom rehearse for a few hours.

Great performances tonight!

Right now, Phantom's guard is what is keeping them down. Their brass is frickin awesome. Great full sound. Their battery was solid too.

SCV...saw their closer for the first time. It needs a lot of work and tweaking, IMO. Their guard looked very good tonight.

BD, new changes I noticed, mostly in the opener. The battery break is just out of this world. You thought their drum break last year was great? This blows it away, IMO.

I haven't see the recaps, but this is how I would have judged it between the 3:

GE Visual-Blue Devils, Phantom Regiment, and SCV

GE Music-Blue Devils, Phantom Regiment, and SCV

Guard-Blue Devils, SCV, and Phantom Regiment

Visual-Blue Devils, Phantom Regiment, and SCV

Brass-Phantom Regiment, Blue Devils, and SCV

Percussion-Blue Devils, SCV, and Phantom Regiment

Another squeaker! I'm not worried for SCV at all. If they can keep it this close with just learning their closer, with an incomplete guard book, without the show silks, without the new uniforms, can you imagine where they'll be at in a couple weeks? by finals? And still only two points down from BD. SCV is definitely in the running this year, no doubt about that.

Edited by just_another_fanatic

Regiment really feels at home along the left coast. :smile: There's even one red t-shirt out there that shows up now and then -- it says,

PHANTOM REGIMENT

Rockford, California

:thumbup:

SUTA!

Phantom got a great crowd reaction after their performance tonight

Any reviews of Academy's Mapex drums?

The Mapex drums project really well. Very nice sounding drums. I'm not sure if it is the tuning but the Dynasty drums that PC was using sounded really punchy and hard to hear.