San Diego Night - Corps at the Crest

DUDE!!

Sweet!

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Go Phantom Regiment!!! Honestly, I think that most folks think that you are throughh with the corps drill this year. As in past years, I cannot wait until you have completed this baby!!! Bring it on!! Phantom will still be in the hunt for top #3 as the summer moves forward!!!!

YES- We are spartucus!!

My sister will kill me for this response. For Regiment SCV is in the rear view mirror. Objects in mirror seem close than they appear.

Phantom won't give up without a fight. But I think for 2008 Vanguard has the stronger drill, battery, brass, and guard. I'll know for sure after I see them back to back tomorrow night in Pasadena.

We haven't seen the end of this by ANY means... And SCV is hardly in the rear view mirror...they're just shifting gears... watch out.

My sister will kill me for this response. For Regiment SCV is in the rear view mirror. Objects in mirror seem close than they appear.

Why will your sister kill you?

But I think for 2008 Vanguard has the stronger drill, battery, brass, and guard.

So pretty much everything then, huh? :thumbup:

You haven't seen Phantom obviously.........

Especially considering they took percussion AND music ensemble tonight from SCV (which equals music overall), which essentially is what the brass judge is going to be adjudicating when they return. So scratch two of the four off that list. I can agree with you on drill, but the demand and energy in Phantom's show exceeds SCV by a mile right now. If the scores don't reflect that, so be it. There isn't a demand caption in DCI, and very little language in the rubrics defines it either. So you can have the visual/drill aspect.

Color guard, in my opinion, is a toss up right now. Both have outstanding work and showmanship right now. I'm assuming that caption will be back-and-forth, and if anything, will help at least close the gap a little with the visual deficiencies in PR's overall program when they take that.

My two cents, take it or leave it. I just think you'll be blown away tomorrow, IMHO. Enjoy. :smile:

Anybody else find it telling that PC had 3 days off for rehearsal and they get the same exact score they did at their last show?

YES- We are spartucus!!

Crucifixion? Good. Through the door, line to the left, one cross each.

<$1 to Monty Python's Life of Brian>