San Diego Night - Corps at the Crest

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Another squeaker! I'm not worried for SCV at all. If they can keep it this close with just learning their closer, with an incomplete guard book, without the show silks, without the new uniforms, can you imagine where they'll be at in a couple weeks? by finals? And still only two points down from BD. SCV is definitely in the running this year, no doubt about that.

but will they have enough time? it doesn't go by...so slowly

GO PHOR IT PHANTOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Any reviews of Academy's Mapex drums?

They sound like crap. If they are getting these for a freebee, they're not worth it. If they paid for them, they got suckered.

The Mapex drums project really well. Very nice sounding drums. I'm not sure if it is the tuning but the Dynasty drums that PC was using sounded really punchy and hard to hear.

Are these corps getting the Dynasty's for free? Their snare projection is lousy. Pearl and Yamaha snares are much better.

Anybody else find it telling that PC had 3 days off for rehearsal and they get the same exact score they did at their last show?

Not really. I don't subscribe to the belief that a stream of rehearsal days pays its dividends instantly. Obviously it does pay off in the long run, but I think it's more of a gradual process of integration.

Anybody else find it telling that PC had 3 days off for rehearsal and they get the same exact score they did at their last show?

Did they do any changes to the show?

Garry in Vegas

Did they do any changes to the show?

Garry in Vegas

For what it's worth, I talked to some PC kids to congratualte them on a good start. They said they rehearsed Mon & Tues, had Wed off, and did a charity event at a hospital for developmentally disabled adults before coming to Vista.

I didn't see any changes, but I saw the show from the side.

Are these corps getting the Dynasty's for free? Their snare projection is lousy. Pearl and Yamaha snares are much better.

Phantom's Snares sounded really good last night actually, wasn't a big fan of the bass sound but snares sounded really good

as for PC I do think they sounded much better over all, even with their very short warmup.

Edited by ExileFntMan

West Coast Stagnation???

Or West Coast Stagflation :thumbup:

I was at the show last night..... A great night

A few very humble opinions

The scores were exactly as they should be.

Academy has slipped dramatically from last year.

If you have 7 people playing brass.... I'm not sure it's worth competing

The lower 3 open class corps look very poor... Awful tuning and intonation issues.. I cant help it, I tried not to cringe.

VK's show= possibly the most entertaining of the night... THRILLER!!!

Blue devils, was unstoppable, they will end either 1 or 2. Thier short clip of the Bach two part invention= AWESOME, Thier battery break, frikin blew my mind!

Phantoms show, once again better than SCV's but not executed to the best extent. Thier brass was the best of the evening. Thier guard..... entertaining, but not there yet. I think SCV and Phantom will be fighting for 3/4, or 4/5.

SCV, much stronger looking than last year, but thier show is just not that great. Guard did very well though.

Pacific crest will finish in the top 15. They looked dramatically better then ever.

Incognito, put forth a wonderful effort, some serious heart, but just too young.