This is a great thread.

I have a lasting memory of the showers in Troy, NY.

It must have been a thousand degrees that day. Humid. You needed a shower.

The school had one shower head. The water was freezing and it was just a bit harder than a drip.

Oh, the humanity!

That will live with me forever.

Edited by Dennis Argul

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sorry , no pictures...i was in the pool! like alot of people, i don't have many photo memories of the drum corps years (except the moe knox variety) if i did, i could prove i once had hair & a 32" waist!!!!! :tongue:

yeah, I had one of those PRE Drum Corps! (dang cheap beer! :sad: )

Wow, I am impress at how some of you remember SHOWERS, over all things to remember on tour, so well! haha

If I even remember of good or bad showers, then I don't remember in which city I was in! Just not the kind of thing I notice I guess!

All I can say is that everytime we needed to shower with other corps, it sucked. Too many people, waiting half naked in line, no room, gets waaaaay to hot and you sweat just as much when you are out as when you got in. Please do not take this description out of context. lol

:)

Providence, RI. circa late '70's. Dirtiest place on earth - the school that is, that we shared the shower facilities with the Skyliners. That's when Sky had a huge corps. Great bunch of guys. Never laughed so hard, even after a grueling day of rehearsals, cockroaches all over the place and cold cold water. Never saw so many men use talc powder! Then to top it off, the mayor of Providence was booed when introduced at the start of the show later that evening - something that has stuck with me thru the years.

Edited by slate belt corpsman

any cru alumni remember the showers we had in newburgh ny after all night drive??? first sleeping on the grass for several hours and then THE SHOWERS......................................

big old one story building old grey and broken windows and we had to take turns with the guys it was the late 70's---glass everywhere and it was dirtiest i remember in my whole lifetime. JUST PURE FILTH....AND IT WAS FREEZING COLD!!!!

Vince got this for us so we could be ready for the whole day.

yes it was "OH THE HUMANITY!!!!!!"

DEBBIE TWAMLEY GRIFFITH

Edited by tympmom

so , once again, i refer to my HURC years. after reading this thread i guess taking a "cooler dive" wasn't such a bad option after all!!!

Tom seen... raising his hand....

I remember Deb... I remember!

Fish may remember this.. When Hurcs would perform at a show at Giants Stadium, there was a soccer field we used to practice on somewhere near the stadium. There was a building with showers. They were actually pretty good showers. HOWEVER.. the drainage for the showers was NOT good. If you were not one of the first few in there, like those that had to load the truck first...you needed to bring a life guard with you. One year, Pepe decided to venture into the shower . Normally he and a few others would do the hose down outside the building . Quick, easy, get them to the stadium for the meet and greet on time...But not this time. Pepe, always had is entourage with him. We could hear him coming into the building... that booming voice saying.. "keep me above the water line".....He walked into the mens shower area where the water was now at calf high, and clapped his hands... in walked 3 rookies carrying a step ladder.. where he found that ladder is still a mystery today .. they proceeded to place it under a shower head, then "wheeled" him to the ladder .. where he climbed up to shower. He then clapped his hands again, his little harem carried him out of the building. Never did he touch the murky waters that contiued to rise above the rest of us... I am , however, glad I was not a rookie that had to carry him around!!