Waterbury ~ need i say more . . .

:rock:

:ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

The DCA God's gave us the showers at Waterbury so that we would truly appreciate all the other God forsaken venues.

Best showers for me:

Bridgeport (privacy)

Clifton (some privacy, and lots of stalls)

Reading (although it gets hot up there in the locker room)

West Haven

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is just terrific!!! I was all set to enjoy a nice cooling shower in Clifton after rehearsal.

Now I find that I probably have to be concerned that Fran Haring will be in there writing a review - "Showers I have Known and Loved."

But as long as he doesn't bring Moe Knox in with him, then I guess we're okay.

I'm too lazy to read the rest of the thread, but, in the 80's, THE worst showers were at Torrington, CT !

The men's room next to them had a big long trough instead of individual urinals, and it was always getting clogged up, and out in the bathroom AND in the showers there was always like three inches of "liquid" on the floor.

I'm getting queasy just remembering it.

Hey, I'm sure some of these DCA horror-holes are epic, but you had to be a Scottsbluff, NE in 1977 ... There was ice coming out of them #### things. :ph34r:

word. I think the grass died shortly after the drumline showered.

I'm also recalling showers in Alliance Ohio for one of the OBF shows - cold, high pressure, and the water so hard you couldn't lather up. Hair stuck flat to your head no matter how many times you shampooed. smelled like sulfur there too.

correct. alliance ohio HARD water.had some good times there.i think there were two! i am sure of that!

:ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r::rock:

The DCA God's gave us the showers at Waterbury so that we would truly appreciate all the other God forsaken venues.

never thought of it that way. when she's right ~ SHE'S RIGHT!!!

Best showers for me:

West Haven

plus the week before school starts they are just so nice and sparkly clean . . . :ph34r:

This is just terrific!!! I was all set to enjoy a nice cooling shower in Clifton after rehearsal.

Now I find that I probably have to be concerned that Fran Haring will be in there writing a review - "Showers I have Known and Loved."

But as long as he doesn't bring Moe Knox in with him, then I guess we're okay.

:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::rock::beer:

Fran

now you young kids think of showers and I REMEMBER showers... 1968 (pretty sure of the year) - first year for Diplomats in Saratoga I think... definitely Albany area... in a time when all senior corps had gone all male... and just as Sun broke that barrier again, Dips show up with some of the prettiest females you've ever seen... especially the drummers!

There were those who objected to the change - some called it progress - some called it infringing on their masculinity... anyway... those chicks were the coolest babes in the world... (as we used to say, must be the MILK in Quebec) they took abuse, yes, showed some uh? private parts... but stood proud... that night, the sky cabs shower brigade decided if the girls were invading their territory, they would have to take the consequences... including the ritual sharing of the baby powder all in the buff... those girls never missed a beat and convinced me that night that letting the girls back in senior corps was a great idea... and really made the long bus trips more bearable.

Not only did Les Dips teach us how to properly rotate a box.... those girls changed drum corps forever both on the field and in the shower...

there was a day, perhaps 1979 or 80, when the the HURCS were in penn. we practiced in blistering heat all day on one of those fields in the middle of nowhere ! the only bldg in site was a neat & manicured brick ranch house, with a nice lawn, nice landscaping, and an in ground pool.

following our exhaustive rehearsal , as we were preparing to leave for the show site and the adventure of unknown shower facilities, one of the guard girls walked over to this house and knocked on the door. she was dying to dip in that pool and reasoned it never hurts to ask. as luck would have it....no one was home.

well being so close to that pool was just too much for her to resist, and seemingly on impulse, she vaulted the fence and jumped in!.....the whole corps, had been watching from a distance, with amusement, her long shot try to get into that pool....but when she went over the fence & into the pool, the entire corps bolted, made that 100 yd dash& joined her!

the swim party was brief, maybe 10 mins, for fear the owners would come home or the police might arrive. well, there was no damage, but as you may expect when 100 people go in a pool at once......half the water came out!

afterwards we laughed and wondered how bewildered the owners would be when they came home to find their pool half empty ( or half full) !!! it was a good day and we never did find out what this show had to offer for showers....we thought it would be nice if every sponser offered each corps a pool in lieu of showers !! :tongue:

Please tell us you have pictures of it! THAT would be priceless!!!

Please tell us you have pictures of it! THAT would be priceless!!!

sorry , no pictures...i was in the pool! like alot of people, i don't have many photo memories of the drum corps years (except the moe knox variety) if i did, i could prove i once had hair & a 32" waist!!!!! :thumbup: