Worst shower Providence RI as you were walking to the showers all you heard was screaming it sounded like a torcher chamber because the water was freezing, than you walked into the dungeon that was the shower room and the torcher chamber was confirmed.

The best, Giant Stadium, Cumberland Maryland, Clifton.

Quite a few of my friends were drummers and the did belong to

SMELL - - Showers Makes Everyone Lacks and Lazy

We never let them on the bus after the show until they hit the showers, they were rank.

Edited by Cabsleadbari79

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Waterbury ~ need i say more . . .

:thumbdown:

Three vivid shower memories...all in '79

#1 Byhalia Ohio. Ice cold showers that stunk of sulfur. They closed the school down not long after tour '79.

#2 Somewhere in Canada. Discovering the wee little swing door that separated the boys shower room from the girls.... and the quick thinking of staff of having different locker room shower times. Lucky for the girls went went first and got all the hot water.

#3 Midwest somewhere.. Discovering that a large "mirror" that the girls were priming in front of was actually a large window with reflective tape on it. Total privacy in the daytime, but when the sun went down the few boys in the vicinity got quite an eyeful.

Lastly... Soaping up in a nicely tiled shower room. Butt slides!!

Edited by neholgate

Waterbury ~ need i say more . . .

:thumbdown:

Always a treat...

I seem to remember liking West Haven quite a bit and Kingston one year when they switched the men's and ladies room around.

I was with Sky in 2001 when the legion show was at Lackawanna. All the guys got to the ONE shower first and went quick then a group of us guarded the door while the girls took their turn.

OK... one aspect of the drum corps marching experience is..... the post-rehearsal, pre-show shower.

NOT rain showers, but the shower rooms at the local school, rehearsal site, show site, wherever.

From my marching years, I remember cold showers, hot showers, so-so showers, clean shower rooms, not-so-clean shower rooms..... the whole nine yards.

Soooo...... here's an invitation to share your "drum corps shower experiences" here.

1) My Sunriser friends who marched in the mid-70's have told me that the showers for the Yankee Rebels' show in Baltimore, at the old Eastern High School, were the stuff of legend... quite possibly THE coldest showers in drum corps history.

2) The showers I remember most vividly were the ones at the Fresh Air Fanfare show site in Hamden, CT. The water temperature was fine, but the water pressure was so intense that the water came out of the faucets like sharp needles. I mean, those #### showers HURT... especially if you had any sunburn or windburn after a long day of rehearsal. Ouch.

Fran

steel city,1986..............golf course sprinklers!..................then won the show,taking all the trophies

OK... one aspect of the drum corps marching experience is..... the post-rehearsal, pre-show shower.

NOT rain showers, but the shower rooms at the local school, rehearsal site, show site, wherever.

From my marching years, I remember cold showers, hot showers, so-so showers, clean shower rooms, not-so-clean shower rooms..... the whole nine yards.

Soooo...... here's an invitation to share your "drum corps shower experiences" here.

1) My Sunriser friends who marched in the mid-70's have told me that the showers for the Yankee Rebels' show in Baltimore, at the old Eastern High School, were the stuff of legend... quite possibly THE coldest showers in drum corps history.

Fran

Baltimore ... no doubt in my mind the coldest ... and you got a double whammy when the toilets backed up and the floor drains stopped draining ... latrenes looked better ... ugh ...

Andy "thanks for the memory" Lisko

Yeah, and because YOU swapped the signs...one year the Cabs drumline walked in on us !!! can you say SCREAM?!? I mean that's how bad we scacred them !!!

I never actually did the sign changing, but I won't say that I didn't give someone the idea! :thumbdown:

I've seen you after a long day of practice...I'd scream too!! :worthy::lol:

steel city,1986..............golf course sprinklers!..................then won the show,taking all the trophies

word. I think the grass died shortly after the drumline showered.

I'm also recalling showers in Alliance Ohio for one of the OBF shows - cold, high pressure, and the water so hard you couldn't lather up. Hair stuck flat to your head no matter how many times you shampooed. smelled like sulfur there too.

:lol:

I never actually did the sign changing, but I won't say that I didn't give someone the idea! :thumbdown:

I've seen you after a long day of practice...I'd scream too!! :worthy::worthy:

HEY now THAT was NOT nice...just cause my afro permed hair was freaky jezuin out...that's NOT nice...

I recall the one place had 2 stalls and it was a room about 12x14 Larry told us we were running behind and if we wanted to eat we had 15 minutes to shower and get dressed...

There were curtains on two sides ...We all got in line and would step in one side and then and Sue T stood outside the showers and counted to 30 and you had those "30 seconds" to shower...at which time you had to step out the other side and dry off the in the next 30 seconds and get outta the way for the people behind you. Assembly line showers...it sucked.

there was a day, perhaps 1979 or 80, when the the HURCS were in penn. we practiced in blistering heat all day on one of those fields in the middle of nowhere ! the only bldg in site was a neat & manicured brick ranch house, with a nice lawn, nice landscaping, and an in ground pool.

following our exhaustive rehearsal , as we were preparing to leave for the show site and the adventure of unknown shower facilities, one of the guard girls walked over to this house and knocked on the door. she was dying to dip in that pool and reasoned it never hurts to ask. as luck would have it....no one was home.

well being so close to that pool was just too much for her to resist, and seemingly on impulse, she vaulted the fence and jumped in!.....the whole corps, had been watching from a distance, with amusement, her long shot try to get into that pool....but when she went over the fence & into the pool, the entire corps bolted, made that 100 yd dash& joined her!

the swim party was brief, maybe 10 mins, for fear the owners would come home or the police might arrive. well, there was no damage, but as you may expect when 100 people go in a pool at once......half the water came out!

afterwards we laughed and wondered how bewildered the owners would be when they came home to find their pool half empty ( or half full) !!! it was a good day and we never did find out what this show had to offer for showers....we thought it would be nice if every sponser offered each corps a pool in lieu of showers !! :thumbdown: