Same old story, SCV

Oddly enough, if the two posters had exchanged "their/they're" usage, they both would have been correct.

True. I'm waiting for the obligatory, "who are you, my mom?" response. Whatever. I guess I could be slamming on a corps - Cavies and/or Cadets seem to be the faves right now. I thought I'd go for a change of pace for once.

I agree...I love the shows, but they never seem to gain any ground as the year goes on.

They never gain any ground?

Didn't they just jump 2 spots from Quarters to Semis last year?

It's not even San Antonio yet, the sky isn't falling people.

I mean just look at some of the things that people are bringing up here. Dirt? A Closer that sucks? Last time I checked those are things that can be changed and cleaned. It's better to be in the position they are right now with room to improve rather than having maxed out the potential of their show on July 11th.

Well, count your blessings, folks.

To be honest, most message boards are either full of people who write in a "0mg WUt; this iz how we pst. caviez 4 da wn!@!!!1!" style or "TYPING IN ALL CAPS IS CRUISE CONTROL FOR AWESOME: I LIKE OLD DRUM CORP BETTER" one. :tongue:

I'm just glad everyone (with the exception of the long gone . . .but not forgotten . . . Terrance I. McGee) types well enough on DCP to figure out what's being said for the most part.

Well another year goes by and SCV is in the same old story. Great drill and music, but their dirty.

What needs to change to get them back as regular contenders? Everyone else's score seems to go up, theirs stays the same or goes down.

Patience and not always asking for instant gratification when it comes to cleanliness of their show. It's only midseason. They've got a great design and are pushing their members to achieve. Different corps go through different cycles of greatness. They'll be champs again soon. :tongue:

Edited by jjeffeory

Their closer sucks. It's no secret. I think if their closer were as exciting as the first two pieces, they'd be in a more positive situation right now. Also, I know they didn't get a lot of their drill until last minute so they're playing catch up. But, I guess that's what SCV is known for....catching up. Hopefully, they can bring it to DATR and then San Antonio. Either way, I'm rooting for them.

Agreed. I liked every thing I heard and saw, until the final 1/3 of the show, where there were serious design issues.

I feel the same way. Like some posters said, it's not the end of the world. Closers can be re-written, drill can be cleaned, etc. etc.... it's just that every year I am hoping that THIS is the year that SCV isn't playing "catch up" for the entire season. This type of drum corps can be dangerous, because if it does clean up then it can put the hurting on anyone. I guess I just want to see the "if" taken out of equation. It would be nice to see SCV "coast" through a season a la BD or Cavies once in a while.

I hear a change a commin, its commin round the bend.

True. I'm waiting for the obligatory, "who are you, my mom?" response. Whatever. I guess I could be slamming on a corps - Cavies and/or Cadets seem to be the faves right now. I thought I'd go for a change of pace for once.

Actually, I think the proper response would be "YOUR NOT MY MOM!!!!"

hahaha :tongue: