Blue Knights Guard Drop (on head)

I remember in 96 there was a Five in the show right by the sideline where I sat at the timpani. I couldn't see the toss, the guard member was told "No matter what you have to do, don't let it hit him!" and I was prepared to bolt if warned. I had to tell the guard "Never tell me how close it got. Never. NEVER."

After some rewrites, it went away.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

man, I can't believe she didn't push through to finish the show!

just kidding! GREAT to hear that she is more or less okay and back on the bus! :thumbup:

...as I understand it, she did try to push through but the word came in all the way from Orlando that Hopkins was filing an official complaint because he thought they were deliberately trying to obscure the hash marks with a pool of blood....so it became necessary for her to withdraw to the sideline...

:thumbup:

...as I understand it, she did try to push through but the word came in all the way from Orlando that Hopkins was filing an official complaint because he thought they were deliberately trying to obscure the hash marks with a pool of blood....so it became necessary for her to withdraw to the sideline...

:thumbup:

I actually LOL'd a bit on that one. :thumbup: (The Hoppy joke that is) I hope this young lady heals quickly and can get back on the field soon.

Edited by BigSnareline

From the 8th row in the 50, that was a mean hit! She got on off the field and stayed in bounds but after about 30 seconds she touched her head and came back with a hand full of blood. In many years, I haven't seen such an injury!

Only after that point did a staff member help her off the field and to the tunnel (mid-show). There was quite a spot left on the front where she was kneeling. OUCH!

I hope she'll be in for the remainder of the season!

Does that fall under the the "no liquid on the field" ruling? And yet no penalty?! (I kid!)

I'm telling you, the Blue Stars' guard is ahead of the curve. All corps will require protective head gear next season to avoid any potential lawsuits. :thumbup:

There, fixed if for you!

Reminds me of St. Louis in 1988. One of our guard girls (Hi Kirsten!) caught the 40-yard exchange at the end of the drum solo with her head. Lots of blood (and remember, that was the year the guard was in hoods for the drum feature) and a very scary moment. They took her away by ambulance, but she was back with us the next day (because she was cool like that...)

Glad to hear that Ashely will be ok! :thumbup:

Aww, I was going to bring this story up. I was there with Troop and I can't remember if I saw it happen or just remember someone taking her off the field. Did it happen during the timpani solo and the guard is holding hands and doing a "follow the leader" type move?

I was in the upper stands in Denver on Saturday as well, and I didn't see her get hit, but someone behind us reacted with a gasp and I still didn't see what was going on. Glad to hear she's ok.

Sad thing...is the sabre wasn't even in her hand...came from somebody else!

Bevinator - Love the Puppy picture!!! What's its name? Cute, Cute Cute.

Hope Ashley is doing well today. we saw it on the playback, ouch!! (couldn't hear it since there was no sound on the playback for some dumb reason).

Edited by artlady

When I marched in Madison one of the rifles caught a five with his "privates". He ended up running to the back sideline bent over and stayed there for the remainder of the show. He was alright but needless to say in much much pain.

I'm surprised he made it to the sideline...I probably would've just said, "#### it," and collapsed on the field

When I marched in Madison one of the rifles caught a five with his "privates". He ended up running to the back sideline bent over and stayed there for the remainder of the show. He was alright but needless to say in much much pain.

Too bad that wasn't in SCV when they did "Not The Nutcracker"! :thumbup: