Is it worth making a special trip to see Crown live?

Crown is a very good drum corps performing a very average show.

WOW.... I have so many childish & passive-aggressive comebacks that I could spew out right now, but instead.... I'll just feel sorry for you that (for whatever reason) you don't have ability to recognize what cleary is not an "average" show and feel a connection to the show that a majority of those in the audience feel when watching a Crown show, especially the past two years. This year is a great and innovative show. I feel bad you don't see that. The feeling I get watching Crown is something that I can't describe. It's such a cherished feeling that I feel privledged for having the ability to experience it.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Umm...back to the question at hand...It's likely someone's already used these exact same words, but it's worth it to make a special trip to see ANY corps live this year! And hey, you'd get to see ALL of them in San Antonio. Several of them twice! What's not to like?

Edited by troon8

I may be jumping in late here, but I'd never go out of my way just to see one corps. I'll see the corps that come my way, the ones that don't will wait for DVDs. I know it's not the same experience but I don't think it's worth all the traveling money for just one group.

And with such high expectations, you may be underwhelmed. Happened to me with Phantom 2005.

I'm not a Crown fan, and never been one. But I have to admit, they are VERY good this year. As for your question, if you want to just see Crown, judging from the price of gas (if you're driving) or the price of airline tickets (if you're flying) then I personally wouldn't make the trip. If you're trying to see ALL the corps, then I'd say yes. It's up to you.

If the question was about the Blue Stars --- then I would be biased... (since my son marches with the Blue Stars).

However --- I can say that you would REALLY be missing out if you didn't see Crown live this year!! I've seen them once live so far, and heard them over the phone last night. I'll be going to San Antonio and I'm looking forward to seeing them live again!

Crown has an amazing show.. and an amazing horn line!! Go and enjoy yourself!!

Oh -- and while you're there.... check out the awesome Blue Stars too!!! They have an amazing show too! :ph34r:

WOW.... I have so many childish & passive-aggressive comebacks that I could spew out right now, but instead.... I'll just feel sorry for you that (for whatever reason) you don't have ability to recognize what cleary is not an "average" show and feel a connection to the show that a majority of those in the audience feel when watching a Crown show, especially the past two years. This year is a great and innovative show. I feel bad you don't see that. The feeling I get watching Crown is something that I can't describe. It's such a cherished feeling that I feel privledged for having the ability to experience it.

I see you decided to go with your childish comebacks. Everything you said is your opinion. And don't feel sorry for me, I have been involved in this activity for almost 40 years and I recognize a great show when I see it; Crown does not have a great show this year. If Crown is looking for respect, responses like yours will not help their cause!!!!!!

I see you decided to go with your childish comebacks. Everything you said is your opinion. And don't feel sorry for me, I have been involved in this activity for almost 40 years and I recognize a great show when I see it; Crown does not have a great show this year. If Crown is looking for respect, responses like yours will not help their cause!!!!!!

And if you were looking for anything but a flaming comeback you were way off base. He didn't ask for your forty years of opinions. The thread simply asked if it would be worth it to see this show more than once in the weekend. A non childish answer would be ( for you ) NO. A childish answer would be, they have crappy show with girls who have big butts... Flame on, but I LOVE THIS SHOW and I would pay to see this many times over. And just for you who think I am a Crown honk, I HATED LAST YEAR, and have never rewatched that show nor will I. ( kind of like watching BD and yowza..)