The San Antonio Ice House - Pre and post show discussion.

12. Crossmen - 77.275

11. Glassmen - 79.950

10. Blue Stars - 80.675

9. Boston Crusaders - 82.450

8. Blue Knights - 82.700

7. Santa Clara Vanguard - 86.425

6. Bluecoats - 86.650

5. The Cadets - 88.725

4. Phantom Regiment - 89.775

3. Carolina Crown - 90.025

2. The Cavaliers - 90.975

1. Blue Devils - 92.375

thanks!

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't get me wrong, Crown can play, and they can do it while marching, but the show has no backbone.

Please define "backbone"

So in Hillsboro the Phantom guard was practicing until they got on the bus. Are they doing that tonight? Last year I remember BKights practicing after a show on the horn moves. Good night for some not so good for others.

Well done Devils!

Well done Crown!

Well done Bluecoats!

(well done everyone else too, but these three really stood out tonight.)

No we are very excited about the score and the placement. I guess going on after the big dogs didn't hurt to bad.

I think after tonight the little cute puppy Crown, proved that they have grown-up to be one of the BIG DOGS!

How does a show with no real concept besides playing famous finales and another show with no real music make 2 and 3 at a world class event? That is beyond me. I am so disappointed in the judging panel, I just don't know what to say.

Don't get me wrong, Crown can play, and they can do it while marching, but the show has no backbone.

The Cavaliers show is Billy Joel/ Machine/ Spin Cycle/ Every other show since 2001, with less music. The entire show is built upon a variation of a "melody" from machine. Most of the drill forms originate from the other shows they have done, and don't forget that we must put down our horns and do some sort of dance every year.

However, BD's show is on fire. That sums that show up.

BD doesn't march as well....it is that simple. I am right with you on the Cavies...lots of repeats. Crown, while you feel it is not worthy...they certainly can bring the sound...march at hyper speeds...etc. And then there is this thing called crowd effect....and they are certainly crowd favorites. Gee, they play stuff people know, they play it well...very well...and they march ther butts off. BD has everything else going for it...and I don't think they will be dissapointed come August 9. But...give Crown their props...for at least making the statement that someone else can actually make the top 3. Good to see IMO.

now the dci site is overloaded and can't get in.

Because they kicked ### maybe? wtf is up with some people?

LADIES AND GENTLEMAN YOUR 2008 WORLD CHAMPIONS THE BLUE DEVILS FROM CONCORD CALIFORNIA!!!!!! :thumbup: