The San Antonio Ice House - Pre and post show discussion.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When they were showing the South Africa field band commercial I was thinking, I hope Hoppy doesn't get any ideas.........

I was accurate on every placement except for SCV. Funny thing about that is I picked the placements as soon as the order was announced. My prediction for Allentown...Top 7

BD

Cavies

Phantom

Crown

Cadets

SCV

Bluecoats

Crown will not be Phantom again this year. Only their going on last gave them the edge over Phantom. BD not beating 2nd place by the spread they are getting. I believe Phantom will catch them and have a legimate shot by finals.

I get that you love Regiment. Really, I do. (I think we all do).

But give credit where credit is due. Crown had a better performance than Regiment tonight. They didn't get third just because they went last.

That being said...I think Regiment has a good show that just needs to "gel" a little more. And I won't deny it...a part of me wonders what Regiment could be doing these days if they had kept Leon May (Crown's drill designer).

Still, Regiment's show has plenty of room to grow into a top three, or even top two show.

But tonight, I give major props to Crown.

How does a show with no real concept besides playing famous finales and another show with no real music make 2 and 3 at a world class event? That is beyond me. I am so disappointed in the judging panel, I just don't know what to say.

Don't get me wrong, Crown can play, and they can do it while marching, but the show has no backbone.

The Cavaliers show is Billy Joel/ Machine/ Spin Cycle/ Every other show since 2001, with less music. The entire show is built upon a variation of a "melody" from machine. Most of the drill forms originate from the other shows they have done, and don't forget that we must put down our horns and do some sort of dance every year.

However, BD's show is on fire. That sums that show up.

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, did you at least hear the "wooooosh" as it went by ?

Crown will not be Phantom again this year. Only their going on last gave them the edge over Phantom.

I suppose we'll see for sure in 2 days at the Monroe show.

When they were showing the South Africa field band commercial I was thinking, I hope Hoppy doesn't get any ideas.........

Funny, :thumbup:

WOW- way to go bluecoats-- I can say from experience that it's not easy being the group to go on right BEFORE intermission--- and jumping SCV in spite of that--- truely awesome.

BLoooooooo!

The thing that is absolutely frightening about the Devils... they still have a ton of cleaning to do (as is the case with all of the corps). Crown put on an amazing encore, hats (and plumes) off to ya!