"They're always ready!"

There are times when some people can be irratating, but a Drum Corps show isn't an opera house either.

Edited by Piper

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure where "they're always ready" originated or that it matters but I know from personal observation that the parents and fans of the Legionnaires, who went on to become the Colt .45s and then the Colts, were shouting it out in 1968 at all of the Legionnaires' shows. They may have thrown it out there a time or two in 1967 as well.

Boom

it should be stopped, maybe for the home shows it should be allowed, but in madison, every corps was ready or at least the crowd thought they were.

be original people, think of something that goes with their show then yell that

it should be stopped, maybe for the home shows it should be allowed, but in madison, every corps was ready or at least the crowd thought they were.

be original people, think of something that goes with their show then yell that

Actually, when you're BD, that DOES go with the show! :ph34r:

I see it kind of like talking during the coming attractions before a movie. So long as you're not screaming during the actual performance (Spank me/Shut Up!) or talking during the movie, if you will, then it seems fine to me and even within proper behavioral bounds though perhaps not quite decorous behavior.

Seems to me a crowd that is enjoying the show and cheering on the corps is a good thing. I'll take an energy filled audience with an occasional outburst over a sparse but perfectly decorous one in a half-filled stadium at a show that's bleeding money and in danger of not being able to sponsor a venue the next year.

Edited by KeepOnFoodTruckin

Wow, for real? I know that lots of people/fans don't have much of a sense of humor but to be annoyed by "They're Always Ready"? Maybe it's time to chill the #### out. I am one of those idiots and every. single. time. I do it, there are people who laugh at it because they have just heard it for the first time. I will never stop. One of the reasons I will never stop is because it is tradition, and my sister is expecting to hear it. If she's not there to scream it with me, I scream it loud enough for her to hear.

I pray that I sit right in front of you for a show............right after eating several large bowls of beans.

:ph34r:

Drum Major is Your Corps Ready?

"They're Always Ready!"

Drunk drum corps fans, ugh! What are you going to do? I was just watching the Blue Devils "C" corps show on Fan Network, and someone actually took the time to yell this. 30-years ago, it was cool and funny, but now it just makes the people that do it sound like morons. My God people, can't we be more creative? It's old, tired, and frankly, sounds stupid.

Wondering if we can start kicking people out of the stadiums for doing this?

:P

(*OK, sarcasm off). But it really is annoying that we can't come up with something more original. Anyone have any ideas? Post'em here...

Oh please - get off the soap box. I think it's cool! :ph34r::smile:

Heaven forbid an excited fan shows his emotion. I suppose they are to sit on their hands and have tape over their mouth? Why, so all the snobby music majors can hear what? The corps stand at attention

Being on the field, I would much rather hear the crowd than crickets churping.

More people complain and whine about stupid stuff on this forum than I have seen in my entire life.

:ph34r::smile::smile: Edited by vodoo sweet