What active corps have beaten every other active corps?

Kilties are an active corps.

The won everything in '68 or so and were making Finals through '78. They'd be in the same boat as Troopers vs. Carolina Crown though.

where do the bridgemen and vk fit in, for that matter? but i took the original posters question to be confined to active world class junior corps.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

where do the bridgemen and vk fit in, for that matter? but i took the original posters question to be confined to active world class junior corps.

"Going Way Back":

I would toss the Argonne Rebels shako in the ring, as far as having "Beaten the World Beaters" at least one time. Between 1969 and 1973 they did in fact do just that. There were DCI units that came into existance after Argonne faded, (Spirt of Atlanta, Suncoast Sound, Star of Indiana,) but in their "Day" they were very competitive.

Elphaba

"Going Way Back":

I would toss the Argonne Rebels shako in the ring, as far as having "Beaten the World Beaters" at least one time. Between 1969 and 1973 they did in fact do just that. There were DCI units that came into existance after Argonne faded, (Spirt of Atlanta, Suncoast Sound, Star of Indiana,) but in their "Day" they were very competitive.

Elphaba

Truly, I'm not trying to diminish what Argonne Rebels did in their day, but the topic thread header specifies active corps beating every other active corps implying in 2008. I mean, Anaheim Kingsmen beat everybody in their day, too, right? And I'm sure other corps did this back in the 70s, too, but they never competed head-to-head and therefore never beat Star or Crown.

If you like this thread, rate it with stars (upper right).

Obviously, you start with your championship corps...

BD

Cadets

Cavaliers

SCV

PR

Madison

Then toss in a few contenders...

Bluecoats have beaten all the Midwest corps, so that takes care of PR, Cavies, and Madison. They have beaten SCV recently, took down BD last year or the year before, and took down Cadets, so they are one of them.

Crown has not beaten Cavaliers yet...nor BD, if I recall.

Blue Knights have beaten Regiment, SCV, Madison, and possibly Cavaliers in 1997, but I don't think they have ever beaten Cadets or BD.

Crossmen have knocked off everyone else.

Hey Nick I am flattered that you would think that we beat Cavies in '97, but unfortunately we did not. To my knowledge we (BK) have never beaten Cavies, BD, SCV or Cadets. They came close to beating SCV many times dating back to '99, '00 and in '05 they were close at finals as well, but no cigar. Also BK beat BD in drums and took 3rd in percussion in '00, but never beat them head to head. At some point one of these years I think BK will beat some more big dawg corps.

Wes Perkins

BK '97 '98

Why aren't Bluestars in there? The only reason I can think is that maybe they never beat Cadets, since Cadets didn't start in DCI until after Bluestars had fallen out of the lime light, but I need confirmation on that.

I think you might want to do some SERIOUS confirmation about that. Garfield was in finals a couple of years during the time STARS were in DCI and they beat them every time. 1972 comes to mind. Gafield was one of the original DCI members along with Blue Stars...they just weren't Combine.

I corrected the 1976 reference.

Garfield did not make finals in 1972 they were 13th. They are on the original albums because The Kilties had a separate recording deal and could not be put on the albums. Garfield made DCI finals in 1975 and dropped out in 1976. Were back in 1977 but then dropped out in 1978 and 1979 then returned in 1980.(thanks to the Stardusters)

Crossmen's best finish is 6th in 1992 and 1997. Blue Devils have never been worst than 5th since 1976. I can't recall Crossmen ever beating BD.

BD might be the only active corps that Crossmen haven't finished ahead of at finals, but:

DCI East, 1991

1. Cavaliers..................90.900

2. Cadets.....................88.400

3. Crossmen.................87.900

4. Blue Devils...............87.700

Edited by soccerguy315