Scarlett O'Hara's

good idea. how about scrap the 2nd half of the show and just do the bottle dance over and over. couldn't be any worse.

I think I'll be glad when this "3 year experiment" is done.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What's with that goofy guard-wave with sabre in hand after THAT music? Anyone care to interpret what the hell that was supposed to signify?

I agree. The waving was super tacky

OK, I'm going to get annihilated for the next statement, but so be it. This is not specifically Blue Knights related...it's all of DCI:

I absolutely depise, with every fiber of my being, the dancing, frolicing, hopping-around that hornlines do. I understand why it's done and what purpose it serves, but it doesn't change the fact...I hate it.

Oh, while I was typing that, BK just put out a phenominal opening sequence...

Well, I will make this BK related. I don't mind SOME dance movement by the horn line. However, they (BK) always seems to take it to the extreme and do too much. At least for my tastes they do.

Just sayin' :laughing:

bare mid-drifs(sp?) should be outlawed.

When bare midriffs are outlawed, only outlaws will have bare midriffs! :laughing:

I've always been very indifferent to BK shows over the years, but I must say, that I really enjoyed this one. Can't put my finger on why, but it I liked it a great deal...

Yeah but that was for the stereo effect for the opening part of the Barber and then the Bartok
Except for Star 1993.........that was awesome with 7.
Big difference. They weren't all tenors/quads. The extra 4 that came on field for the closer to add to the 3 man tenor line, 2 of them were Toms (2 drums - Conventional Toms like on a drum kit)

And the other 2 were quads. They didn't play the same part as the tenor line, instead they played the ostinato from Medea - Dance of Vengeance, for the whole closer as well as the accents, etc.

Bk has some performance issues in brass at lower dynamic levels and it seems they are having some hero's stick out now that they are cranking up the HIGHER end of Dynamics buT OMG!

The Hornline is really sounding strong and CLEAR. I was very happy with the final product last year but they are truly impressing me this season. I'm sure they'll pull in the reigns on the ones a bit out of control but they're taking a huge step in the right direction.

Edited by supersop