4 days, No Shows for Phantom

In looking at Phantom's schedule this week, it would seem that their schedule is perfect for working on cleaning up their visual and closing the gap: two rehearsal days, a free day (with just a bit of rehearsal), a rehearsal day, and a show day.

BD wins Friday Night. Phantom wins Saturday Night (Referring to Allentown- Clarified from original post) . Close scores. Should make for an exciting finish next week!

Edited by btracht

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

eh. I wouldn't put my money on it.

Maybe second place.

You never know! I am so excited for Allentown to see the difference, although BD and PR aren't going head to head per se.

Hope they don't get the treatment the Colts got after a layoff. If so ,they drop 3-5 points and four or five spots.... I really hope they get the Blue Knight treatment. That would be enough for first with a 101.50. :tongue: Go Phantom

The opportunity is certainly there......when you have 40-54 hours of rehearsal time available, the opportunity to get alot done is there....hopefully they will tighten up the visual performance, because musically they are right where they need to be.....

GB

Wishful thinking by Thread Creator, but anythng is possible. I dpn't think phantom is behind because they are dirtier, I believe they are behind visually because of inferior design to BD and Cavies. My predicition, BD increases spread over Phantom to 1.8 but their spread with Cavies shrinks to 4 tenths.

I dpn't think phantom is behind because they are dirtier, I believe they are behind visually because of inferior design to BD and Cavies.

Totally agree. IMO, their show reminds me of last year's Bluecoats (except better, IMO). They can add as much 'smoke and mirrors' they can with characterization and other stuff like that, but none of that masks a flawed visual design that will keep Phantom from truly competing. Don't get me wrong, I truly appreciate the proficiency of their brass and percussion programs (I _LOVE_ their percussion section), and their show has grown on me quite a bit through out the season. It's probably my wife's favorite show, and I think it is one of the first shows in a long time (that I can think of) that has truly succeeded in blending and 'old school'/throw back design (taking a classic Regiment show) and updating it to be successful for modern times. Their music performance will keep them in the Top 3, but their visual design will keep them from a Championship.