Championship Shows You Didn't Like

Wow. I can't stop watching PR 96 or listening to it. I love it more and more. It's interesting how everyone's perception is so different. It's all good though.

I know, I try and listen to and watch it more as well, but still it just doesn't do it for me...but like I said, I love PR!!!

I'm curious. Where did you look this up? Corpsreps.com lists 1971 as the first year, which matches up with my personal experience and memory. I saw BD at one of their first-ever public performances at a guard show at Concord HS early in 1971. The year before was still just the drum and bell corps.

Garry in Vegas

Corpsreps....but I looked it up almost a year ago and might be misremembering the date...regardless, it WAS a nice tribute to the very first DCI year.

You'd think I would list 84 Cadets......but no....it took me six months to admit it, but I love that show....I just wish their drum line had been a couple of 10ths worse!!

Edited by 84BDsop

Cavaliers - 2000*, 2004, 2006

Vanguard - 1989, 1999

Cavies 2002- not enough hornline

Blue Devils 2007: loved the percussion, got kinda lost with the hornline, definitely did not hear The Firebird anywhere in there.

Blue Devils 2003: Just didn't get it, horn licks didn't seem appealing (to me)

SCV 1989: liked 88 better, couldn't stand the trumpet soloist in 89 but loved the visual program.

Cavies 2006: All metallic sounds, percussion, and trumpets.

1977 Blue Devils - Most of the show was fine, but they played "Gonna' Fly Now" from "Rocky" as a closer.

Not to mention probably the most out of tune brass performance by a winning corps! YECH! The word that comes to mind, sour! Contras in the opener were nasty. Just bad overall, and they still (somehow) won brass, go figure.