When did Phantom add the 4th murder?

Yeah, I feel the same way. For some reason, I just can't get into this show. I know people on DCP will call me crazy, but I'm not a big fan of Spartacus. The corps sounds phenomenal... I can see why their brass and percussion scores are at the top. Besides that, though, I don't like the show. The music is okay, and so is the storyline. I personally think they do a better job with telling Faust's story. In regards to the new DM murder, I didn't really even notice it in the Fan Network video anyways. :smile: (And I was purposely waiting for it...)

It's ok to not like the show, c :tongue: heer for the corps you like and sit in your seat while everyone else cheers for Phantoms show. Everybody wins this year.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Phantom's DM does end up getting killed....

then when Brandt asks "drum major, is your corps ready?", shouldn't he respond with "I, who am about to die, salute you!"

how about a straight up Roman salute, a la Star '91?

Could that be called a birthday salute? Happy Day Kevin and many happy returns.

Joe

how about a straight up Roman salute, a la Star '91?

The bigger question is, why did they add a 4th murder? Forum members getting bored rating three murders? If three murders is good, four must be better? Why not kill off the entire guard. That would be GREAT!!

Actually, they do kill them all during the slave revolt.

AP - Saturday, August, 9, 2008

"Mass Stabbing In Indianapolis"

In an attempt to win a second, and unshared, World Championship title from Drum Corps International, a rogue (or is he?) drum major from the Phantom Regiment Drum Corps of Rockford, IL went on a stabbing spree on members of the other top corps Saturday afternoon in the Lucas Oil Stadium parking lot.

Upwards of 400 people were taken to a local hospital and treated for wounds. Fortunately nobody was seriously injured and no fatalities were reported.

A staff member of the corps reported that the drum major had suffered heat stroke the night before, having over-acted, er, PERFORMED, in the semi-finals competition. "We knew he just wasn't right today, he had that glassy look in his eyes & kept muttering 'gold, gold, gold.' We made him sit out of finals rehearsals in an attempt to calm him and give him some rest."

When questioned of his actions by the Indianapolis Police, his reply was only, "I Am Spartacus!"

The offender also kept muttering something like "Suta."

In related news, the Phantom Regiment Drum Corps is now the 2008 DCI World Champions due to default.

Edited by garfield_cadets

Serious question: were you in the stands at Allentown when it debuted?

No, but that shouldn't make a huge difference. I wasn't in the stands but I loved SCV's "quick change" with the guard. And Cavaliers crazy drill at about the 10:55 mark. And Phantom's show in general.

Serious question: are people getting all hyped because it was new and unexpected? The story line of the show doesn't really follow that of the movie (or history) if memory serves. So it's not like they added the end of the movie into the show and hyped to see that. The ending velocity drill, I can see people getting hyped at that. But the last second murder of the DM (which makes little sense to me) doesn't seem that great/impressive to me.

Edited by perc2100

AP - Saturday, August, 9, 2008

"Mass Stabbing In Indianapolis"

In an attempt to win a second, and unshared, World Championship title from Drum Corps International, a rogue (or is he?) drum major from the Phantom Regiment Drum Corps of Rockford, IL went on a stabbing spree on members of the other top corps Saturday afternoon in the Lucas Oil Stadium parking lot.

Upwards of 400 people were taken to a local hospital and treated for wounds. Fortunately nobody was seriously injured and no fatalities were reported.

A staff member of the corps reported that the drum major had suffered heat stroke the night before, having over-acted, er, PERFORMED, in the semi-finals competition. "We knew he just wasn't right today, he had that glassy look in his eyes & kept muttering 'gold, gold, gold.' We made him sit out of finals rehearsals in an attempt to calm him and give him some rest."

When questioned of his actions by the Indianapolis Police, his reply was only, "I Am Spartacus!"

The offender also kept muttering something like "Suta."

In related news, the Phantom Regiment Drum Corps is now the 2008 DCI World Champions due to default.

Isn't Finals in Bloomington?

Edited by Bob J

No, but that shouldn't make a huge difference. I wasn't in the stands but I loved SCV's "quick change" with the guard. And Cavaliers crazy drill at about the 10:55 mark. And Phantom's show in general.

Serious question: are people getting all hyped because it was new and unexpected? The story line of the show doesn't really follow that of the movie (or history) if memory serves. So it's not like they added the end of the movie into the show and hyped to see that. The ending velocity drill, I can see people getting hyped at that. But the last second murder of the DM (which makes little sense to me) doesn't seem that great/impressive to me.

nothing that i have ever been to see or hear is like being in the stands for drum corps.

Here's my theory:

Remember all of the turf being ripped up in Bloomington? I think it's all a plan by Regiment ... they had several trap doors built into the new field, from which will spring LIONS on loan from the Indy Zoo during Saturday night's performance!

:tongue::smile: