Violence and Phantom 2008

That's just the Phantom way. Most of the negative responses to the original posters concern come from Phantom people. I know I will get nailed for this post, but it's unfortunately the truth. They are the worst sports off the field. I haven't gone near their souvie booth ever since they called the Scouts colorguards a bunch of names that weren't appropriate after getting beat by them. I can only imagine what was said there this year as Crown beat them several times(hopefully 3 more times this season)

If they showed a little more class, they might get a little more respect.

As for the violence, it probably isn't needed. I don't personally have any problems with it, but have seen other corps do cooler things with it(Scouts 97 for example). It should be good for 4th place this year.

There you go. The truth comes out. Thank you. I have personally heard their head visual guy make some tasteless remarks to their corps during rehearsal, about a certain corps who at beat them by .1 the night before. The other corps' initials are scv.

and that designer has been fired from most places they have been....theres a long list....I witnessed it myself once.Dont worry only a matter of time.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't have those FACTS in front of me. Apparently you do?

Sure, it's well known. Something like 70% of gang members never had a father around. Is that good parenting? It's an extreme example, but the point is: what you let your kids be exposed to at the early ages WILL affect them somehow in later life. Of course, a kid watching phantom's show probably won't cause them to go to prison in later life. But this explicit violence in shows with young kids in the audience is starting to make drum corps look low class, not artistic. This year, I have heard people who have seen their first drum corps show (with phantom in it) and even some vets make a similar comment. Is this the direction we really want to go in for drum corps to survive over the long term? As in business public relations, for every 1 person who is saying it, there are something like 10 or more who are thinking it and who won't be back to buy your product.

No by etiquette I mean:

There you go. The truth comes out. Thank you. I have personally heard their head visual guy make some tasteless remarks to their corps during rehearsal, about a certain corps who had beat them by .1 the night before. The other corps' initials are scv.

Class. Nothing but class.

Just the absolute truth. I stand by my statement. I have a witness who heard it also.

Edited by 27Socal

and that designer has been fired from most places they have been....theres a long list....I witnessed it myself once.Dont worry only a matter of time.

Ok, now this whole thing is starting to make sense as to why certain "controversial (i.e. negative) actions" are in that show. Thanks for clarifying.

No by etiquette I mean:

Class. Nothing but class.

Actually, staff members need to be called about for stuff like that. If it is true, then I have no problem with it being posted. The classless move was by that staff member, not a DCP poster.