Violence and Phantom 2008

On the field.....kids this show is NOT real......The Phantom Regiment!

In other words, there should be a big-butt banner carried across the field prior to PR's entrance that reads:

parental-strongly.gif

Next thing you know, a drum corps ratings proposal makes its way to the next board meeting.

Edited by Wildabeast

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would've bought a shirt like that.

So I might be sorry for opening this can of worms, but.....

If you're all so upset about Phantom's show, you've clearly not seen the Cavaliers this year. All of Phantom's kills are very theatrical and pantomime. maybe thirty seconds into Cavies show, one of the Samauri shove a katana through a guard member and the surrounding guard throws red material out (PLEASE don't flame me. I know that Phantom had that in their show at one point, but they have since taken it out). You can argue that it's "more artistic", but it depicts an immense amount of blood, making that one moment of their show more graphically violent than the entire Phantom Regiment production.

If you think it's too violent, either contact the corps management through email to express your concern or (more reasonably) when it's time for Phantom, simply utilize that eleven and a half minutes to browse the souvies or get something from the concession stand.

I've seen both shows numerous times at various stages of the season. They're both absolutely fantastic shows.

Here's all I have to say for violence. And Phantom's show this year.

Holy freaking general effect, Batman! :tongue:

I seem to remember back in 2005 someone on DCP actually complaining that they were offended by the Cadets use of music from the movie "Kill Bill" because the movie "glorified violence." So I guess some people will just be offended by anything.

I seem to remember back in 2005 someone on DCP actually complaining that they were offended by the Cadets use of music from the movie "Kill Bill" because the movie "glorified violence." So I guess some people will just be offended by anything.

Really? That is incredibly sad.

True and True. And just like now, it was maybe 2 or 3 people. Not much has changed :tongue:

The only time she talked out loud noticeably (i.e. not whispering in my ear) was when she was trying to figure out why there was a stage and people talking on the field in the middle of a certain show.

Did you instruct her that this particular corps is being "cutting edge" and how dare she question why there's a stage in the middle of the field? You know, some sensitive people equate questioning with criticizing, and that's strictly prohibited, because, that would be criticizing "the kids." Geeze. Some 4.5 year olds..........