Violence and Phantom 2008

I seem to remember back in 2005 someone on DCP actually complaining that they were offended by the Cadets use of music from the movie "Kill Bill" because the movie "glorified violence." So I guess some people will just be offended by anything.

Good thing that person didn't see SoCal Dream in 05 and 06....Kill Bill Vol 1 and 2....the whole show both years....we even had a guard persion wielding a katana in the 05 opener...

'Course that means they missed the bong-hit vizh in the tenors during the 06 perc break...the first time I saw it in practice I busted a gut laughing!

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm offended by nature, it's too violent for me :tongue:

I'm offended by Drum Corps because of the marching.

The nazi's (Yes, not capitalized.) marched, so therefore marching offends me.

Incorrect my butt. Why don't you contact your souvie department and speak with the nasty woman running it a few years ago. She saw one of my comments, and PM'd me to tell me how embarrassed she was that people heard her innappropriate comments towards the Scouts.

I guess if Phantom taught their people class, maybe that wouldn't have happened.

Negatively stereotyping an entire corps, in perpetuity, solely on the basis of an overheard comment made years ago is just as ignorant now as it was last year. And the year before that. And the year before that.

LOL, at least you're consistent.

In the same spirit of repetitive redundancy, I'll ask again--how may people from the corps have you since gotten to know? Have you gone to a clinic or watched them rehearse? I'm guessing you haven't. Yet, you keep saying the same thing, over and over. (That axe must be pretty well-honed by now...)

Blah, blah, blah. Nevermind history, right? Use a bunch of feather dusters and tickle them in the under arms, right?

Everyone knows the Spartacus story. If you want someone to get tickled while being held down by beautiful women scantily clad, call VK and get them to do a spoof show.

Incorrect my butt. Why don't you contact your souvie department and speak with the nasty woman running it a few years ago. She saw one of my comments, and PM'd me to tell me how embarrassed she was that people heard her innappropriate comments towards the Scouts.

I guess if Phantom taught their people class, maybe that wouldn't have happened.

Where the heck did THAT come from? I thought this was about violence in the PR show...not at the souvie stand where the volunteers have to put up with the same dumb questions/comments day after day from ignorant Cavies fans.

Seriously...just kidding. Just seemed a bit out of place.

Grow up and get a life. Keep yoru grudhes with who they are with, and remember, like you, they are human too. Oh, and the BD fanatic just loves the PR violence , and loves even more the tightly wound undies and panties in the bunch a few like to expose when they are grasping at straws trying to tear down something great and fun and good and.....you get the picture.

Geoffrey

Yes there are bad eggs in every bunch. Unfortunately Phantom seems to have more than the average dozen.

As far as the comments to the original poster, why not jsut answer the question as "No there isn't too much violence" as opposed to making fun of the original poster? I think the total rudeness and arrogance of the corps shows through comments like the ones made by people on the boards.

Please, can someone insert the picture of "debbiy Downer" frm SNL, I saw it a few months ago LOL LOL LOL

Geoffrey

ps: Maybe you need to be taken prisoner and treated as a love slave , youll feel a whole lot better !! :tongue:

I dont know about "Violence", but it sure is painfull :tongue:

Geoffrey

Why did you put violence in quotes?