Star of Indiana 1993

Eh, if he was Jim Mason, he would be K-ingMA as soon as I chime in on this thread ala our last ALumni gathering.

So Karen, does this mean you're in for '10?

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This will be my last 2 cents on this issue. Cowtown, seems like facts are not going to convince you or change your perspective. It's clear by this thread that the majority of folks don't see it your way. If what you saying is factual, then why haven't we seen more people coming out agreeing with you. (Rhetorical question, no need to quote my question).

I guess in the end you are losing out because you are using your time to express opinions that most if not all will agree with and therefore what's the point. So dude, go ahead and keeping saying what your saying. The majority is not going to agree. Keep using up your time. As long as this planet is in existance, in the DCI world, Star will always be around and there's not a D##m thing you can say or do about it.

This also means I will cease tracking this post. So don't bother.

Edited by Jeffe77

Karen-

You forgot the one point that has been brought up more than once in the years of discussing Star on this board. It is not so much about incredible talent when it comes to making a Star of Indiana line as it is about attitude and buying into the fundamental approach. From the attitude that has been displayed in this thread and previous threads towards Star by Mr Cowtown I think that would be an uphill battle.

I know from a hornline perspective you could not line us up player to player versus other top 5 brass lines but put us all together in an ensemble and I am very proud of the end product. Obviously there were a few exceptions within the line that were great musicians but overall we were not comprised of great musical talent.

Now those such as Cowtown may have the opinion that we sucked as a hornline but most out there respect that product.

Edited by General Blunt

Sara,

No knowledge of anything actually happening IRT an alumni effort. I'm quite out of the loop at this point.

But, if the OP wants a shot at marching, I'll do everything I can to help that to happen.

Good luck in Rochester!

Karen

Karen-

You forgot the one point that has been brought up more than once in the years of discussing Star on this board. It is not so much about incredible talent when it comes to making a Star of Indiana line as it is about attitude and buying into the fundamental approach. From the attitude that has been displayed in this thread and previous threads towards Star by Mr Cowtown I think that would be an uphill battle.

I know from a hornline perspective you could not line us up player to player versus other top 5 brass lines but put us all together in an ensemble and I am very proud of the end product. Obviously there were a few exceptions within the line that were great musicians but overall we were not comprised of great musical talent.

Now those such as Cowtown may have the opinion that we sucked as a hornline but most out there respect that product.

Brent,

That's true of a lot of great organizations. In my backyard, the NE Pats have had great success with some really average players at key positions because they've all bought into a system and play so well within the parameters that have been defined for them. (I think you could say the same for the Colts, too.) When Garfield starting winning in the early 80's, I had marched with dozens of those kids, and while some were very talented individuals, others were quite average, but they maximized their potential within that system...which was set up to work that way. Your point is a very good one.

Still, it's easy for anyone to throw stones and site unnamed sources from years ago. It actually takes some integrity and courage to step forward and try to become a part of something good or great where you will be judged on your talent as well as your ability to be able to fit and contribute within a system.

Miss you!

Karen

yes, it's all about that guard girl that dumped me and me not being able to make your corps and being jealous of your vast success as a corps – oh wait, it’s not as none of those things ever happened. How many times are you going to keep repeating them until they stick? Yes, that Star attitude is clearly on display here

seems all the ‘facts’ here are opinions yet no opinion on what Star’s general attitude towards the fans and DCI was around 1993

here is one fact: they left DCI never to return

and here is a bit from their own press on 1993 shows which I think about sums it up

“"Medea's barbarous, bone-shaking rage paints a chilling and graphic testament to her final, fatal tantrum, intentionally leaving the audience in a shocked and jolted daze."’

Yep, its clear to me that 1993 was Stars final, fatal tantrum leaving the audience in a chocked and jolted daze

And really, why would I want to join an alumni corps of a corps that I never marched or would want to be associated with….oh yeah, just more of the Star knee jerk, lashing out blaming all others while trying to hide from their real past….of bailing on DCI and the activity in a spoiled child like final, fatal tantrum which of course, they blame upon everyone else while never really looking in their own mirror or their own press release

Yep, that Star attitude is still a huge disappointment

yes, it's all about that guard girl that dumped me and me not being able to make your corps and being jealous of your vast success as a corps – oh wait, it’s not as none of those things ever happened. How many times are you going to keep repeating them until they stick? Yes, that Star attitude is clearly on display here

seems all the ‘facts’ here are opinions yet no opinion on what Star’s general attitude towards the fans and DCI was around 1993

and here is a bit from their own press on 1993 shows which I think about sums it up

“"Medea's barbarous, bone-shaking rage paints a chilling and graphic testament to her final, fatal tantrum, intentionally leaving the audience in a shocked and jolted daze."’

Yep, its clear to me that 1993 was Stars final, fatal tantrum leaving the audience in a chocked and jolted daze

And really, why would I want to join an alumni corps of a corps that I never marched or would want to be associated with….oh yeah, just more of the Star knee jerk, lashing out blaming all others while trying to hide from their real past….of bailing on DCI and the activity in a spoiled child like final, fatal tantrum which of course, they blame upon everyone else while never really looking in their own mirror or their own press release

Yawn. Really tiresome. Someone earlier asked a good question about why all the hate? We still haven't gotten an answer to that.

Some suggested reading: The Last Lecture by Randy Pausch

David Welch's excellent web site: www.38lemon.com

Get some perspective. Grow up, move on. Seriously. It's beyond time.

Karen

Have you EVER made a meaningful post on this board? My God....grow the #### up!

Well I guess based on the "Cowtown" logic we should be expecting an announcement out of Rockford that Phantom will be leaving DCI... or wait a minute don't most drum corps show move towards a conclusion and ending to the story so thus I will now be expecting an announcement from all corps that told a story to an end to announce their resignation from competing in DCI/

Seems to follow the same logic doesn't it???????